Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NJ to offer people $500 to return to work.

https://nj1015.com/nj-program-will-g...eturn-to-work/

With the New Jersey shortage continuing, Gov. Phil Murphy has announced a new Return and Earn program that’s designed to help coax workers back into the labor market while offering smaller businesses financial assistance to help train new employees.
    Murphy on Monday said Return and Earn is s two-track program with parallel rails, offering employers “up to $10,000 in wage subsidies to hire and train new employees with identifiable skills gaps, and for employees, a direct $500 return to work benefit.”
    He explained the program will provide those who get a new job “a $500 return to work bonus in their first paycheck, and this bonus will be on top of any other hiring bonus or benefit provided by their employer.”
    The governor said returning to work comes with associated costs, like transportation or child care and this benefit is designed to help workers meet these costs
    Murphy said for companies with up to 100 employees the $10,000 wage subsidy will be provided “to help cover wages for a new employee for up to their first 6 months on the job, a time when employers are providing the on the job training to onboard and upskill new workers.”

He noted companies must be offering new workers at least $15 an hour to be eligible for the subsidy.He said the total reimbursement for businesses will be capped at $10,000 per employee, and at $40,000 per employer “and this reimbursement will be valid whether this training occurs in person at the job site, or virtually.”
    A total of $10 million for the program is coming from the federal American Rescue Fund. The governor said if it’s successful he will consider adding additional dollars to the program.

Murphy also said the state Department of Labor will soon be “following up with all the vital details for both interested employers and workers.”
    "The New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce supports Governor Phil Murphy’s “Return and Earn” program," said Tom Bracken, president and CEO of the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce. "The NJ Chamber is gratified that the Governor has responded to our requests that more American Rescue Plan dollars be invested in the state’s business community to help accelerate our economic recovery.”
    "The Return and Earn program represents the beginning of an opportunity to provide job training while helping employers incentivize workers to come back to the workplace,” said Michele Siekerka, president and CEO of the New Jersey Business and Industry Association. "This program is a good start to address the workforce challenges resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and we look forward to working toward continued holistic approaches to further address the future of work in New Jersey."

2. Member
    Pretty sad! There’s a company in my area that’s advertising a $400/month perfect attendance bonus. Absolutely ridiculous.

3. Member
    Wow, I fell like I am watching a Mel Brooks comedy. The Government is now trying to out bid it self. They are offering bonuses and money to employers to try and get the people to go back to work. The only reason they are not working id the government is paying them to sit home and subsidize them and there kids if they have them. We have way to many programs to help people in need and non of them cross reference with each other. So people are getting so much free stuff from different parts of the government that the don't need to work or will only marginally benefit from working so they chose not to. How about we cut the gravy train and they go to work because they need money.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Murphy is a stooge. His recent comment “If taxes are an issue for you then we’re probably not your state” pretty much sums it up. He’ll likely get re-elected as people are hooked on the gubment teat.
    Ranting incoherently

5. Member
    Why dont they just offer free physical exams to the un-employed ? Pass the test and get your check get your job assignment----fail and loose your check !

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Pretty sad! There’s a company in my area that’s advertising a $400/month perfect attendance bonus. Absolutely ridiculous.
    That’s pretty stupid. The reward for having good attendance should be you don’t get fired
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Wow, I fell like I am watching a Mel Brooks comedy. The Government is now trying to out bid it self. They are offering bonuses and money to employers to try and get the people to go back to work. The only reason they are not working id the government is paying them to sit home and subsidize them and there kids if they have them. We have way to many programs to help people in need and non of them cross reference with each other. So people are getting so much free stuff from different parts of the government that the don't need to work or will only marginally benefit from working so they chose not to. How about we cut the gravy train and they go to work because they need money.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Murphy is a stooge. His recent comment “If taxes are an issue for you then we’re probably not your state” pretty much sums it up. He’ll likely get re-elected as people are hooked on the gubment teat.
    It was my state until this dipshit took office. Just waiting for my house to be completed in North Carolina.

9. Member
    Me and millions of others saw they can make it just fine during the four month Covid shutdown. It would take a hell of a lot more than 500.00 to make me get up and go to work for someone else again. FYI: Millions of people did NOT get UI during the shut down. I never got a dime, I even had a Congressional Inquiry as to why? I still never got the UI. That was a kick in the teeth after paying taxes since I started working at 15. That's 45 years of my taxes, and employer match and notta damned dime the first time I apply for UI.

The sentiment at the time was shut down 40 MILLION Americans to stop the spread of the virus. We can let all kinds of foreigners with few, if any vaccinations in this country, but God forbid we earn a living and wonder why we are still dealing with Covid.

IMO watching this mess and all the money thrown at it is like watching Atlas Shrugged come to life.

I had to do some professional education with AARP for my ability to sell any policy the government backs from United Healthcare. Even AARP realizes the fastest growing segment of Americans are those over 85 years old. Our Social Security was set up when the average life span was 59 years old. I can't recall the last time it was indexed. That's coming and was a contributing factor on my decision to take less at 62!

Lets put some numbers on this:

12.00 an hour times 2080 hours (normal full time job) is 24,960.00.

The person is all the sudden sent home because of Covid lockdown.

They draw an estimated 1000.00 a week in UI (just using round numbers) or 52,000.00. Then Uncle Sugar drops another 4000.00 in stimulus directly to their bank account. Now they are earning 56,000.00 with a budget for 25,000.00. If they have children Uncle Sugar is dropping another 300.00 a month or 3,600.00 in the kitty. If you used to make 25,000 a year and Uncle Sugar paid you about 60,000 to stay home would you go back?

The resulting inflation from all the "free money is now eating up AT LEAST 5% of that money. The low earner (typically low skill required jobs) loses their earned income credits and is PISSED that they actually have to pay taxes. So, now after the gravy train dries up they are looking for another job. That old 12.00 an hour job now pays 17.00 an hour. All the sudden they realize that 17.00 an hour is really 16.15 with inflation. They go back to work earning 35,360.00. They need gas to get back and forth to work. Gas is now 3.00 a gallon, day care is insanely high, they gained weighed wearing jammies for a year and need new work clothes....get the issue? 500.00 isn't going to kick many off the gravy train.

The real issue is no one is holding our supposed leaders accountable for their actions back in 2019 when we heard about Covid. It was a political football to kick a POTUS out that one party knew Covid was their only chance to do so. UNTOLD amounts of money was almost immediately approved and now no one can account for where it went.

America and Americans WILL find a way to get through this. Those of us that were adults during the early 80's know what inflation looks like. We pulled through they and we will pull through again. It won't be easy.

10. Member
    I thought I read somewhere that there isn't any jobs???
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Yes you did read that, even on here you read that.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    I cant speak for Kingsport, but I cant throw a rock without hitting ten help wanted signs around here. We have a new Panda Express a mile or so from the house, 17.00 an hour is what they are paying to sling egg rolls.

P.S. If anyone is looking my old job is open. Two years ago I worked under a DOD contract that paid about 30.00 an hour. Uncle Sam lowered the requirements on the job and the new contract starts at 18.85 an hour. You need a two year degree or the equivalent experience, able to access military installations, pass a drug test and background check. You'll average about 23,000 a year working part time in the job. You'll receive no benefits outside a 401K with a 5% match. You'll be required to work in a suit jacket and dress slacks, they prefer a full suit and tie. On the plus side you'll be helping people leaving the military and have LOTS of time off without pay.

Or you can be a high school drop out and/or a felon that's done their time and make 17.00 an hour slinging egg rolls. The contractor I worked for wonders why three of us left last month.
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 09-29-2021 at 09:11 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    That’s pretty stupid. The reward for having good attendance should be you don’t get fired
    Exactly!

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post

15. Member
    So sick of all this. Time for the government to stop giving everything away for free. Just shows how lazy so many are that would rather sit at home and live off the hand outs rather than earn a living. Can't keep this up, someone will eventually have to pay for all this "free" stuff. I am sad that my grandkids will be saddled with paying for this and forced to grow up in a country with a society I no longer recognize.

From day one they should have given the $300 per week to the people returning to work especially if they were in a small "Mom & Pop" job. I know several friends that cannot find employees that were offering $15/hr and up. You could stay home and net $18.50 per hour.

17. Member
    This attitude will not garner favor in the V booth.

Shame on you.

Stop paying people not to work first and NJ will magically see this issue resolved.
    Ranger Forever

19. Member
    Now is the time for real workers that want to change jobs to do so. Lots of blue collar work at 50,000 to 75,000 a year out there.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Now is the time for real workers that want to change jobs to do so. Lots of blue collar work at 50,000 to 75,000 a year out there.
    I’ve had 3 interviews with it the last week an can turn them all down if the money ain’t where I want it to be, I’m an electrician so there’s a bunch of work right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast