Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Signs At Boat Ramp This AM

Arrived at S.C. Lake Marion Boat Ramp this morning and there was a hand made sign, put up by someone at every lane ,informing that this ramp had vehicles being broken in too. Also noticed that only one vehicle was at this ramp. I decided to leave and go to another ramp . Are public ramps safe anymore?

Get a trail cam and put it in the vehicle. Usually takes care of the problem. We've had clubs put them around popular ramps and help the ba$t@rds get caught. Good Luck

3. Moderator
    I was at a ramp on the Cumberland river not far from downtown Nashville one morning. There were wreckers there pulling cars out of the river. They were stolen, stripped and dumped in the river. The game warden that was there also told me to launch somewhere else as he almost guaranteed my truck would get broken into

4. Member
    What ramp was it? Went with my son Saturday, put in at Spiers. Probably 20 vehicles/ trailers there, but it’s an isolated enough landing that I’ve never put in there unless there was a fair number of others doing so.

Interestingly, he put in at a small public ramp on Moultrie a few weeks ago. Was heading home, one of his trailer tires completely blew out and shredded. He figured it was just bad luck, but when he went to change the tire his spare was flat. Makes you wonder if someone messed with him.

5. Member
    It is everywhere. Boat ramp parking lots are easy pickings. We have a lake here where it is believed that the thieves are hitting the parking lot via boat. They have gone as far as to steal the deck furniture from piers and docks.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

6. Member
    Any remote boat ramp is off limits for me but will use large public and private pay ramps. All depends on location too. Closer to any large city and no way will I park my rig in a smaller public boat ramp.

7. Member
    We never have any issues at ramps around here. More times than not everyone’s truck is unlocked and never worry if someone is looking to break into them.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    Sounds like a good way to keep people off the lake. I wonder If I do that at my local lake if it will work lol..

9. Member
    When coming into a ramp area, be aware of anyone hanging around. Many times they will watch as people in cars and trucks hide their goodies, like putting firearms, phones, or wallets under seats, consoles, or the glove box. When they see that, they know there is something of value worth breaking into the vehicle for. If you need to hide something, do it before entering the lot and launching.

10. Member
    I used to use a remote ramp as it was close to fall fishing areas. The area its in has had several meth busts in the last five years, I don't use it anymore.

11. Member
    It was the Large Public Ramp at TawCaw Creek where all the Major Tournaments go out of.

12. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Holster View Post
    When coming into a ramp area, be aware of anyone hanging around. Many times they will watch as people in cars and trucks hide their goodies, like putting firearms, phones, or wallets under seats, consoles, or the glove box. When they see that, they know there is something of value worth breaking into the vehicle for. If you need to hide something, do it before entering the lot and launching.
    And hide the trail cam as well,,,,,,couldnt resist.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

13. Member
    NO such issues like this up here in NY - never had an issue at any boat launch, remote up in the mountains or at larger public ramps. Sucks that you have even think about things like that before you set out for the day.

14. Member
    I have had 3 trucks broken into here in Florida while fishing, through the years. Twice out at Tenoroc Fish Management Area in Lakeland, off the main property. Ex wife's truck got broken into as well out there. But they have always said they don't have issues, when I have asked for the heck of it.
    You are supposed to check in to be at different areas of the property. But not everyone does. Which not everyone has good intentions.

15. Member
    May be he begining of a tuff war between to bass clubs. Are you a T-Bird or a Scorpion?

Catalytic converters have been the target this year at ramps in central Ohio.

17. Member
    I thought with all the CC guys at the ramps we wouldn't have a problem with crime?

18. Member
    One reason why I still use my older truck to tow my boat.

19. Member
    Man this is why I like old beat up trucks..

Itd just break my heart if someone stole my trailer

20. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwh View Post
    Arrived at S.C. Lake Marion Boat Ramp this morning and there was a hand made sign, put up by someone at every lane ,informing that this ramp had vehicles being broken in too. Also noticed that only one vehicle was at this ramp. I decided to leave and go to another ramp . Are public ramps safe anymore?
    I’ve fished over 50 years and have used many ramps around here without a single incident. So I’d say yes, at least our ramps are safe

Dale Sinclair original

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast