Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Holster View Post
    When coming into a ramp area, be aware of anyone hanging around. Many times they will watch as people in cars and trucks hide their goodies, like putting firearms, phones, or wallets under seats, consoles, or the glove box. When they see that, they know there is something of value worth breaking into the vehicle for. If you need to hide something, do it before entering the lot and launching.
    Anybody stupid enough to leave a phone, wallet or God forbid a firearm in an unattended vehicle at an unsupervised area like a boat ramp is an absolute moron.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    My old 94 chebby k 1500 was stolen at Nickajack lake 5 years ago.....thankfully they cut the lock and left the trailer....

3. Member
    And the Sign says long haired..... Oh wait that's the wrong sign. In our area, theft and B&E is not that big of a problem at the boat ramps, However hit and run trailer damage is through the roof.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

4. Member
    We had a spate of vehicle break-ins at ramps locally a while ago.

The worse aspect was that the culprits were checking in gloveboxes for any document that had the owners home address on it, (eg car owners manual or service book) and then went to that address and broke into the home because they knew there was a good chance the owners werent going to be home all day.

Lesson = don’t leave any document in the vehicle with your home address on it….

5. Member
    Defund the police and DNR

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    It's sad that we have to go to such measures just to counter what liberties some gutter crawling low life might take with our hard earned property. Nothing lower than a thief. I hate thieves.

7. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Anybody stupid enough to leave a phone, wallet or God forbid a firearm in an unattended vehicle at an unsupervised area like a boat ramp is an absolute moron.
    Yep....

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

8. Member
    At least the thief was polite enough to warn you.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Sounds like a good way to keep people off the lake. I wonder If I do that at my local lake if it will work lol..

That was my thought. There is a lake in CT. that the locals would remove the boat ramp sign from the main road. That was before GPS. The first time I went there my buddy brought a guy whose family had a cottage on the lake so we could find the launch. The 2 guys I fished with were both municipal fireman. They met a couple other guys who worked as police for the same municipality. After fishing we went back to the ramp and the policemans vehicle had been broken into. Nothing was removed but a note was left saying that the locals didn't want anyone using the ramp. True story.

10. Member
    Not to bad at a couple of lakes more of the hit the trailer and run crap. About 5 years ago I was walking back up to get my truck and trailer guy was trying to break in I asked as I walked up if he was having a problem his response was he locked his keys inside i jingled my keys and said maybe these would help. Aint no way I could catch him lol. I did get his picture and gave it to the ranger at the kiosk on the way out seems he is well known wanna be thief. only issue I ever had at a ramp other then the hit and run crap.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwh View Post
    It was the Large Public Ramp at TawCaw Creek where all the Major Tournaments go out of.
    John C. Land gets a lot of traffic in and out with the fishing pier etc. The ramp at the end of Taw Caw is right at the road. I have never had an issue there.

12. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I thought BBC members carried and would shoot 😕

13. Member
    The John C Ramp on Taw Caw Creek was the Ramp that vehicles were broken in . A friend told me his truck was vandalized and there was a tournament same day and trucks were also broken in too.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    I thought BBC members carried and would shoot ��
    Who are you going to shoot if you are not there when it is happening?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    We never have any issues at ramps around here. More times than not everyone’s truck is unlocked and never worry if someone is looking to break into them.
    My guess would be your gun laws. Most people in the south have guns in their trucks.

16. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

nothing of ANY value left in my truck

18. Member
    Haven’t heard of anything going on around here. Although I imagine there is some. Biggest problem I have found is someone backing into your truck with their trailer or truck and driving off!

19. Banned
    Theft has been a problem around Nashville since "forever". Actually a couple of boat ramps on Priest have been closed since the late 70's and 80's because of criminal activity.

You are crazy if you leave a vehicle or vehicle and trailer at some ramps around Priest, even on weekends.

20. Banned
    Have to agree....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast