Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our English Mastiff has gone to dog heaven.

Mr. Maverick passed on Sunday, 9/26/21 at 1:30 PM. He lived 12 years and 7 months. A rather long life for that breed. He was doing fine Sunday morning, but around 1:20 PM, we were both outside. He suddenly headed for the front door and I let him into the house. He laid on the floor and was acting erratic. I soon realized what was happening so I held him in an attempt to comort him. He passed, in my arms.

At his peak, he was 186 pounds and full of life. He loved and adored my wife, was also very protective of her. Heck, he would bark at me if I hugged her. My wife was #1 on his list, but #1A was my 14 year old granddaughter. They grew up together, played together, heck there were times she would throw a blanket on the floor and sleep next to him. He would drape his big front leg over her and they would sleep the night away. When she played outstide, he would lay out there, regardless of the heat, which he did not care for, and keep an eye on her. As hard as it was on me to watch him pass, telling her was even worse. That little girl wept for the remainder of the day on Sunday. Heck, she is still texting me tonight about him.

I am still hurting, so is my wife. Dang, we loved that dog, but more importantly, he loved us. It was a wonderful journey and we were lucky to have been blessed with his presence.

RIP my friend.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

So sorry for you. It's so tough to lose a family pet. Not because they are your pet but because they are part of your family.

3. Member
    Sorry for your loss.

4. Member
    A very appropriate post but truly hard to read. My miniature schnauzer Master Shifu just turned 7 Friday so he will be around a while longer I hope but I can't stand the thought of when that day comes. Sorry for your loss. You have lots of good memories.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    Sorry for your loss

6. Member
    Never had one of our 4 Rottweilers make it to 10…. Good job Dog parenting still ver sorry for your loss… last one we put down, was the LAST… didn’t want to feel that sadness again… been a “cat person “ ever since… lost 3 cats since then

once again, sorry for your loss. I totally feel your pain. It will get better, and enjoy the memories

7. Member
    Sorry for your loss. It's hard when you lose a loved pet.

Very sorry for your loss.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss......

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    I, too, am sorry for your loss. The grand child is going to need you to be strong. Our dogs have always been part of the family , too.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

Sorry for your loss.
    '07 Champ 183CX

Nice long life for one of the "big breeds", I know we have had several Great Pyrenees, the only bad trait is that they don't hang around long enough

Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

13. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I am so sorry!!! I believe with all my heart that we will see our dear pets again when it is our turn to cross over.

14. Member
    I’m sorry for your loss.
    2020 Skeeter FXR20 LE
    Yamaha SHO 250

15. Member
    So so sorry for your loss, we have two and can’t imagine losing one of those!!

16. Member
    Great but sad post. The love of and for a dog is special. My heart goes out for you as you held him in his biggest time of need.

17. Moderator
    Sorry for your loss.

18. Member
    Sorry for your loss

Woody

very sorry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast