Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Ford Electric F150 plant Announced- Massive Facilities in KY & TN

Massive project announced. 6000 new jobs near here. This is gonna be big when it comes to fruition.
    www.autoblog.com

2. Member
    No way. It’s well documented by the experts on BBC that electric vehicles will never be mainstream in any way, shape or form. Come on, what does Ford know about vehicles and the market?! Sheesh.

3. idbefishing
    Let’s go big blue oval. You can’t deny the EV movement anymore

No denying it now as Ford is investing billions of dollars and creating thousands of jobs. A massive economic impact to the surrounding area.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

5. Member
    I’d love to have one!

6. idbefishing
    I’m sure realtor is going to be a lucrative profession in that area

7. Member
    I live in Elizabethtown, KY which is in Hardin County, where Glendale is. Retired City Planner. The area is going to be dealing with the impacts of this for 10 years. Plants this size are a total game changer for communities. I guess the nice thing is the value of my home just went up about $70K. LOL!
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYRANGERMAN View Post
    I live in Elizabethtown, KY which is in Hardin County, where Glendale is. Retired City Planner. The area is going to be dealing with the impacts of this for 10 years. Plants this size are a total game changer for communities. I guess the nice thing is the value of my home just went up about $70K. LOL!
    Save The Whistle Stop.

I hope these are new jobs not fewer jobs in 2035 when Ford says no more gas engines.

9. Member
    I’ve not driven anything but ford for the last 15yrs and this new 21 f150 is the nicest riding truck I’ve owned but it won’t stay out of the shop to enjoy it. Nothing but electric issues, wrecker came to pick it up again today for the fourth time in four months and it’s the gas version ecoboost.

I didn't see when construction will start. If any of the stupid pending legislation passes this week, I'm betting the plan will be scrapped due to increased cost, inflation, reduced demand, increased taxes, and a sharp economic downturn.
    MCPO

I never backlash, but each time I go fishing I practice fixing them, just in case I ever do really backlash.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Save The Whistle Stop.

I hope these are new jobs not fewer jobs in 2035 when Ford says no more gas engines.
    Whistle Stop is a good restaurant.

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Great job Ford!!!

A few interesting points. Production to start in 2025 and be carbon neutral. I'm interested in when construction starts. Tesla is building their Giga Texas plant, and from start of construction to first production is a little over a year. Hopefully, Ford allows drone flyovers. It's interesting watching Tesla Giga factory being built.

At 86GWh per year that sounds like 500,000 vehicles per year. Thats a really good start. I'm really excited to see what they do to get carbon neutral. Lots of solar and energy storage I'm sure, things the lounge doesn't think works or exists.

I wonder what the battery tech will be and what chemistry. Ford has an agreement with Redwood Materials to recycle batteries and provide the material to Ford to use for new batteries. How does that play with SK innovations?

Exciting news and lots of questions.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post

Great job Ford!!!

A few interesting points. Production to start in 2025 and be carbon neutral. I'm interested in when construction starts. Tesla is building their Giga Texas plant, and from start of construction to first production is a little over a year. Hopefully, Ford allows drone flyovers. It's interesting watching Tesla Giga factory being built.

At 86GWh per year that sounds like 500,000 vehicles per year. Thats a really good start. I'm really excited to see what they do to get carbon neutral. Lots of solar and energy storage I'm sure, things the lounge doesn't think works or exists.

I wonder what the battery tech will be and what chemistry. Ford has an agreement with Redwood Materials to recycle batteries and provide the material to Ford to use for new batteries. How does that play with SK innovations?

They will never be carbon neutral in my lifetime unless unicorns come flying out of my a$$.

14. Member
    Sounds great Boneil, I bet it’s fun as hell sitting in a parking lot getting batteries charged for two hours or so. Wonder how long the lines will be to, glad I won’t be involved in that debacle.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post

Great job Ford!!!

Lol, the lounge will tell you that 6000 jobs is actually a bad thing

16. Member
    “Carbon Neutral” what a crock of sheet. How much carbon is in a solar panel?

17. Member
    Today's stories put Ford's total investment at $11.4 Billion on 3 battery factories and 1 new truck plant, creating 11,000 new U.S. jobs. This is huge. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/b...-vehicles.html

Edit to add: plants will be in Tennessee and Kentucky.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

18. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    “Carbon Neutral” what a crock of sheet. How much carbon is in a solar panel?
    carbon neutral does not mean no carbon is used.....
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

19. Member
    Good luck to them trying to find that many people around Memphis willing to work.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    Good luck to them trying to find that many people around Memphis willing to work.
    That’s why it’s not in Memphis, but two counties east in Haywood. It’ll pull from a large area and no doubt, some from the suburbs of Shelby County. Ford will find plenty of skilled and willing takers from there, north MS, and west central TN.
    This is gonna be a big thing!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast