Disappointed in Garmin customer service!!!!!

Today I called Garmin customer service about sending in a unit with a cracked screen. I was then informed that they don’t do service on physical damage to a unit. The cracked screen was my fault and I was more than willing to pay for the repairs to the unit to get it fixed. My problem with Garmin is not servicing current sold units. So I will be spending my money with a company that will stand behind their product and try and help resolve problems.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well, dont go to Lowrance cause they wont repair your unit either, they will replace it if its a warranty issue.......I think HB is the only one that physically repairs their own units.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Search for ASC' https://www.service-center-locator.c...ice-center.htm

Google is your friend
    Risen From The Ashes!!

4. Member
    Just had a partial delamonation of the screen on one of my 7610 's that is 4 years old. Called customer service, emailed a pic and had an RMA in about 30 minutes and a shipping label. Shipped it by UPs that day, last Tuesday to Kansas. Unit was repaired and returned to me on Saturday. No cost to me, unit not in warranty. Not sure how their customer service could be any better.
    " If you are going to be stupid, you have got to be tough!"

5. Member
    Glad to hear you was able to get your unit fixed. But I was told nothing we can do for you!!!!! Hummingbird is looking a lot better from a customer service standpoint.

6. Member
    are you selling your cracked garmin?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscfo View Post
    Just had a partial delamonation of the screen on one of my 7610 's that is 4 years old. Called customer service, emailed a pic and had an RMA in about 30 minutes and a shipping label. Shipped it by UPs that day, last Tuesday to Kansas. Unit was repaired and returned to me on Saturday. No cost to me, unit not in warranty. Not sure how their customer service could be any better.
    They did the same thing for my 8612. It's like those that buy a Mercedes vs a Nissan. The Mercedes owner will get much better customer service. Companies are way more worried about keeping folks happy with pockets deep enough to buy expensive items. Except Humminbird of course, which is why I stay with them.

8. Member
    Seems like the delamination is a problem many have had and I think Garmin knows it’s a manufacturer’s defect, and is fixing them for free because it was a somewhat widespread problem, almost a recall type thing.

And didn’t I see a post about a company that does replace cracked screens for gps units?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay