TJNYSNP

Could I have fried my etec trim sending unit 'sensor' circuit ?

I hooked up my trim gauge in reverse and left it that way for a half a day and it ran between all the starts/stops for a half day! I had the purple trim sensor power wire connected to the (S) wire and has the (I) wire connected with the Signal white/tan wire.. because i was stupid and didn't realize the trim gauge i bought was for a Mercury and they are reverse :)

Since i have zero ohms coming through my trim sensor white/tan wire when i test it at the gauge, could it be that that power back to the sending trim unit got fried ?

Thanks

2. Member
    Yes you most likely damaged the trim sender.

3. TJNYSNP
    Thanks... i figured that ... i mean running power backward through the sensor... i'm surprised that there wasn't some fuse on that wire because that is something i could see happening by many DIY folks like me.

My engine is a E225HGLABH 2018 225 HO if SeaHorse or ChampionMan or danrule or anyone wanted to know.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighare2 View Post
    Yes you most likely damaged the trim sender.
    sorry to say but your mistake is a rare one. There may have been accidental connections but not purposeful in my experience. There is no fuse because there is no amps to worry about.