Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

How far do you have to drive to get to fish

Front door to the ramp on a great lake is 3 minutes. Two other lakes about 15 minutes. In the DFW area there are more good lakes in a 30-60 minute range than you can hit them all. Same with East Texas. We are blessed with a lot of good lakes all over the state.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    45 minutes to nearest lake but its electric only. 90 minutes at least to get to anything else
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

To lakes I’m confident in about 45 minutes. To what I consider the two toughest lakes in my state 10 minutes.

4. Member
    20 mins to the nearest lake, but I have a TON of great fisheries within a 2hr drive

I have three small lakes 50-60 min away that I mainly fish (with boat). then within 20min I have several walk around ponds. Not much to choose from.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    In western Washington we are pretty loaded with lakes. 15-20 minutes to lake Washington, a bunch of smaller lakes all around. Need to drive 3 hours or so to potholes if you want to catch a bunch of largemouth on a frog or punching type rig. I’m sure that type of bite exists on the west side but really haven’t found large area to do it yet.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10-15 minutes. I won’t go more than 30-45 anymore. Lots of places to go.

8. Member
    5/10 minutes to the 2 closest lakes I can put a boat in...not great fishing in either...about an hour to hour and a half to anything decent

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Average time to several places about 25 mins.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Minimum of an hour to get to any fishable water at all. More like 2+ hours to get to bigger water. Closest "great" lake is Grand at 3 hours.

11. Member
    Within 2 to 2 and a half hours, I can get to the best bass fishing in the state imo. And have a handful of places I can to within an hour and a part of the Columbia that offers pretty good fishing about 30 minutes from my house. It's kind of nice living in Central Washington with the options we have pretty close by.

12. Member
    I live 6 or 7 minutes to the nearest lake which is kinda small. Only 25 minutes to Lake Seminole and about an hour and 15 minutes to Lake Eufaula. Lots of little lakes to fish around the Florida panhandle area, you just have to know where to go.

13. Member
    Probably close to 50-100 fishable lakes within an hour....LSC and the St Clair River are about 30-45 minutes..My favorite ramps for LSC are about 30 mins away....Of course I could say I can launch to fish Lake Huron,Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, LSC, Lake Erie and the major rivers in about 30 minutes. Just makes for some long runs..
    I have a tributary of the Clinton River in my backyard.
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 09-27-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

One of my favorite things about NE Texas and Texas in general is year round fishing. Usually can find a lake with fish ready to bite year round plus can sometimes fish in short sleeves and even occasionally shorts even in winter.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalliehunter91 View Post
    Within 2 to 2 and a half hours, I can get to the best bass fishing in the state imo. And have a handful of places I can to within an hour and a part of the Columbia that offers pretty good fishing about 30 minutes from my house. It's kind of nice living in Central Washington with the options we have pretty close by.
    Ive always wondered about bass fishing on the Columbia around the Wenatchee area. Looks like a few spots have potential, but you don’t really hear about guys fishing it or tournaments being based around there. Or are you taking about the Wanapum lake?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

16. Member
    Hour 20 is my shortest drive .

17. Member
    Half hr,for good fishing 2 hrs for really good fishing 3 1/2 hrs

18. Member
    Under 5 mins to Kissimmee

19. BBC SPONSOR
    If I make all the RED lights 12 minutes ........... 15 minutes if not.

20. Member
    65 minutes from house to ramp.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast