Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

2. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    6.4 miles
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

3. Member
    30 minutes to get to Ohio river....1 hr to get to some other small, highly pressured pieces of crap puddles.

4. Member
    About a minute if I get on the Gator to drive to the pond behind the house, 3 minutes to the pond across the street cause I have to open a gate. If I walk it about triples.

5. Member
    about 4 minutes then lots of other places within 20 minutes but non of these are waters I care to fish so most of my fishing is 1 hour to 5 hours away average being 1.5 hours

6. Member
    I can get to a number of good lakes in about an hour.

7. Member
    I can reach one river in 5 minutes. My favorite close one is half an hour. Unfortunately, the schedule on one of my clubs takes me 2 & 1/2 hours one way plus, several times a year to fish the Potomac and the Upper bay. Those days are a drag.

http://neveronsunday.org/schedule/

I'm an hour from several great places to fish by boat, but 30 minutes to several ponds with my kayak.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

9. Member
    It's Michigan, I could pretty much cast from my porch in just about any direction (a little sarcasm).

My favorite lake (5 minutes) has been flooded for 4-5 years though now and it's just about impossible to get anything significant in it. Homeowners won't let them pump it down and all and/or fix the ramp because they like it without boaters on it.

1 hour to the west I can be on the delta, 1 hour to the east I can be on numerous highland lakes.

11. Member
    Normally I only have a 2 mile drive to launch.
    With the drought Clearlake is the lowest its been in over 40 years.
    Now have about a 15 mile drive and that is only ramp left on the lake.Water is only 1.5 deep there.
    Till we get a bunch of rain it will be kayaking at the closest ramp.

12. Member
    20 miles to the Mississippi River, 4 hours North to get to the primo part of it.

13. Member
    45 minutes to get to the shop where I store the boat. Then from there it is only a 5 minutes to the lake 1, 10 minutes to lake 2, 20 minutes to lake 3 and 45 minutes to lake 4. All on the same river. All 4 lakes fish differently of course. I can be at 12-15 lakes within 2 hours of the shop.
    Kind of lucky to be situated so close to some really good and diverse lakes.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    To lakes I’m confident in about 45 minutes. To what I consider the two toughest lakes in my state 10 minutes.
    Which two are that in Indiana?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Ive always wondered about bass fishing on the Columbia around the Wenatchee area. Looks like a few spots have potential, but you don’t really hear about guys fishing it or tournaments being based around there. Or are you taking about the Wanapum lake?
    Ya, further down the river a little ways. There is one area in wenatchee that seems to hold fish, but I would rather drive a half an hour further down. Much better fishing, for numbers and size . Wanapum is a fun pool to fish.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Kind of crazy to me you don’t enjoy Whatcom anymore. I do avoid fishing it during summer weekends, and it fishes pretty small with many bass boats out there, but in my experience it’s been a far better fishery than banks or chelan if you factor in average size.
    Chelan used to be a lake for quality, but has gone down hill. Still some big ones in there, but not in the numbers they used to be. Have been fishing that lake since I was a teenager. Still enjoy it though with the crystal clear water .

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalliehunter91 View Post
    Chelan used to be a lake for quality, but has gone down hill. Still some big ones in there, but not in the numbers they used to be. Have been fishing that lake since I was a teenager. Still enjoy it though with the crystal clear water .
    Biggest problem with chelan is it’s basically as unfishable in the summers the west side lakes. Just insane boat traffic. Pretty cool seeing smallies at 40 feet though.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Lousy lake, trolling motor only 10 minutes. Good lake with a decent launch 20 minutes. Lake Candlewood 1 hour. Lake Champlain 3.5 hours.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

4 miles to float the boat on a private lake. Can walk and fish a creek that runs through my farm. 7 miles I can be at the river ramp. 20 miles to Indiana's largest lake.

45 minutes to Toronto
    1 hr to Melvern and Fall River
    45 minutes to John Redmond
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast