Dedicated Electronics Battery

I have a 2021 CX20 Pro with 3 helix 12's and M360. I'm adding a dedicated electronics battery and have some questions about the wiring. Do I have to run new wiring from the battery to the electronics? I'm not seeing that the current 'clean power' wires go directly to the battery, I assume they are tied to the wiring harness. Anyone have any experience with this? I can not find a wiring diagram anywhere.

2. Member
    Dash and bow graph 10ga wires connected to the battery is clean graph wire. It's written on the side of the wire. But they only use a small 16 gauge to 18 gauge wires that run up to the bow of the boat from the graph clean harness busbar under dash. I added 8 ga, you could also use 10ga wire Marine copper tin wire. Ran it right straight up to my bow and that's what's running both my sonars in the front of the bow. I ran my active Target unit and wiring with 10 gauge ground wire and provided active Target wiring to the bus block next to the clean wiring bus block under the dash. I ran the yellow wake up wire for active Target to the accessory number two switch on the side panel all works excellent with the most crystal clear pictures I could possibly ever want. Caymas;;; did provide wiring pull tubes and even had string tape to the outside for easy access to pull wires to the front bow or wires back to the battery so if you put a new battery in it,"dedicated" you could also easily run your wiring that way, and simply bypass everything.Not a big deal. I have wired many this way.
    I do have many photos and pictures of the bus bar blocks and the graph clean wiring bus bar block wiring showing how I did it and showing the wiring if you would like those pictures give me your contact and I'll gladly send them to you. good luck

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdz1 View Post
    I have a 2021 CX20 Pro with 3 helix 12's and M360. I'm adding a dedicated electronics battery and have some questions about the wiring. Do I have to run new wiring from the battery to the electronics? I'm not seeing that the current 'clean power' wires go directly to the battery, I assume they are tied to the wiring harness. Anyone have any experience with this? I can not find a wiring diagram anywhere.
    I went with the Sea Clear wiring harness made of this high amp pull electronics, not one problem so far works like a champ. I did get a Ionic 125ah for my three HDS 12 Live and my Garmin 106sv Live scope, it uses about 49% of this battery in a 8-10 hour fishing day.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Dash and bow graph 10ga wires connected to the battery is clean graph wire. It's written on the side of the wire. But they only use a small 16 gauge to 18 gauge wires that run up to the bow of the boat from the graph clean harness busbar under dash. I added 8 ga, you could also use 10ga wire Marine copper tin wire. Ran it right straight up to my bow and that's what's running both my sonars in the front of the bow. I ran my active Target unit and wiring with 10 gauge ground wire and provided active Target wiring to the bus block next to the clean wiring bus block under the dash. I ran the yellow wake up wire for active Target to the accessory number two switch on the side panel all works excellent with the most crystal clear pictures I could possibly ever want. Caymas;;; did provide wiring pull tubes and even had string tape to the outside for easy access to pull wires to the front bow or wires back to the battery so if you put a new battery in it,"dedicated" you could also easily run your wiring that way, and simply bypass everything.Not a big deal. I have wired many this way.
    I do have many photos and pictures of the bus bar blocks and the graph clean wiring bus bar block wiring showing how I did it and showing the wiring if you would like those pictures give me your contact and I'll gladly send them to you. good luck
    A lot of good info here, thanks. I'm not disappointed with the graph performance at the dash, DI/SI are outstanding. I have 25 ft of tin coated copper that I'll run from the battery to the bow in hopes of seeing better performance from the graphs. Right now with a full charge on the batteries, I'm seeing 13.2v at the dash and 11.8v at the bow. I'm sure it's the 16/18ga wires. Thanks again.

5. Member

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    I went with the Sea Clear wiring harness made of this high amp pull electronics, not one problem so far works like a champ. I did get a Ionic 125ah for my three HDS 12 Live and my Garmin 106sv Live scope, it uses about 49% of this battery in a 8-10 hour fishing day.
    I also installed a dedicated 125ah Ionic and have 2-12" Lowrance with Active Target at the bow, but I used the existing 16 gauge wire. I have 2 - 9" Lowrance units at the console. You are getting quite a bit longer run time. I use about 60-65% in 8-10 hours. I'm now thinking the voltage drop to the bow on the smaller gauge wire is causing a larger amp draw, which would account for the quicker battery draw down. Making me rethink pulling 10 gauge to the bow. Appreciate that insight!