Bob's hydraulic jackplate setup

Need opinions on where to bolt motor on Bob's hydraulic jackplate.

Set up motor where 6 on the gauge is 1.5 above pad with plate maxed out on height? I am not after pure speed, holeshot to about 88 or so with a load is enough for me.
    or
    set up motor where 3 on gauge is even with the pad and I got 3" above and below pad?
    or
    how does everyone got there's?

21XRD 300xs

thanks

2. Member
    mine is set where 3 is 1" above. I'm not gonna run it much more than 1.25-1.5 above. I would only move the plate all the way up in shallow water.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

3. Member
    I run mine where 0 is about even maybe 1/2 below pad Probably not for everyone. I would set yours up in the middle 3 is even with pad.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

I'm leaning towards the middle 3 to see how its goes. I can always rebolt motor to a different spot. I am very interest in rough water running when I lower that motor.

thanks

did anyone notch the bob's jackplate at the top like the hydrodynamic jackplate to go over the metal strip on splashwell?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badmerc View Post
    did anyone notch the bob's jackplate at the top like the hydrodynamic jackplate to go over the metal strip on splashwell?
    If you ordered it new from Bobs and told them it was for a Bullet they should have notched it to clear the strip. When I ordered mine it was cut to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    If you ordered it new from Bobs and told them it was for a Bullet they should have notched it to clear the strip. When I ordered mine it was cut to clear it.
    thanks for the reply, I took my 4" grinder and got it took care of.