New RT 188 hauler

The re-designed 2022 Nissan Frontier. So far I really like it.

2022 Frontier Pro-X.jpg

Have a good one and thank God for it!

I too like the look of the new Frontier. I bought a new Tacoma last year and the Frontier was on my short list. My wife is in her 3rd Nissan in 20 years so I am very familiar with their power train and service record. The only reason I did not buy the Frontier was the dated boxy look, but I really like the look of the redesign. It is a cross between the Tacoma and the Ford Ranger.
    If I were making the same decision today, I would buy the Frontier.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    That looks really nice, congratulations. I rode in a friend's Frontier (several years old) a few months ago and I was shocked at how out of date it was. But I guess when a vehicle hasn't been redesigned for a couple of decades that can happen. The new design really looks good in what has become a very competitive segment.

4. Member
    How do the mid size trucks pull your rangers? I have a 198p and can still slightly feel it with my f150 at times. I just got my truck in January but if these prices keep up I am going to have to downsize on my next truck. Not paying 70-80k for a 1/2 ton truck lol

5. Member
    Looks great!

6. Member
    Been looking at the Pro4x. My wife is a Nissan lover, and the are kinda growing on me. Just got my latest Ram a couple years ago and am very happy with it. But don’t really need it to tow a tin rig.

7. Member
    Nissan did a good job on that one...congratulations!

My previous tow vehicle was a 2008 F150 Lariet Limited and it never knew the boat was back there. The Tacoma does ok but there is more shifting in the hills. Other than that, it handles the weight and starting/stopping just fine.
    I downsized because of advanced age so I knew the downsize would bring some compromises. For my circumstance it was a good decision and I do enjoy driving the sporty little truck.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerguy35 View Post
    How do the mid size trucks pull your rangers? I have a 198p and can still slightly feel it with my f150 at times. I just got my truck in January but if these prices keep up I am going to have to downsize on my next truck. Not paying 70-80k for a 1/2 ton truck lol
    It did not have the towing pkg so I'm having all that put on tomorrow. I have a tournament this weekend so I'll be towing it then. I'll let you know but I know it will be fine. I used to pull it with an 06 Frontier and it had no problem pulling it.

10. Member
    My Ridgeline had no issues pulling my RT188. It was comfortable and handled the boat with ease. I went back to full size because of the nice big interior room. The Tacoma, Frontier, and Ranger should pull the boat.

11. Member
    I have a friend that has one which is a previous model year. It is a great truck and tow vehicle. The only thing I would caution against is trying to get up a steep wet ramp or one with some algae on it like we get down here.

That truck will really spin the tires pulling up a wet steep ramp. He put some weight in the rear at the tires that helps. His is not 4WD by the way.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

12. Member
    I really like the new redesign on the Frontiers!
    My next truck will be a midsize. The Ranger was at the top of my list as it has great low end torque but i do like this truck!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I have a friend that has one which is a previous model year. It is a great truck and tow vehicle. The only thing I would caution against is trying to get up a steep wet ramp or one with some algae on it like we get down here.

That truck will really spin the tires pulling up a wet steep ramp. He put some weight in the rear at the tires that helps. His is not 4WD by the way.
    My last truck was a 2006 Frontier, then I had a Ranger 188VS (fiberglass) and never had any problems pulling out. But, I would think any most truck would have an issue with slick algae on it.

14. Member
    That looks very nice.

15. Member
    Have been extremely satisfied with my 2019 Frontier 4x4. Pulls my RT fine and dandy.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    Have been extremely satisfied with my 2019 Frontier 4x4. Pulls my RT fine and dandy.
    Great truck

The 4X4 part of your post is added security...whether you have needed it yet or not. You don't want a light truck with very light weight on the rear tires pulling out of Florids ramps all the time....sometimes yes....but you will get bit. A lot of trucks have an open diff and only one rear tire spins. The 4x is peace of mind. Our ramps get wet, some are not grooved, they get algae and air boats blow crap up on them. The 4X is good insurance. I have also seen FWD vehicles have trouble.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    Great truck

The 4X4 part of your post is added security...whether you have needed it yet or not. You don't want a light truck with very light weight on the rear tires pulling out of Florids ramps all the time....sometimes yes....but you will get bit. A lot of trucks have an open diff and only one rear tire spins. The 4x is peace of mind. Our ramps get wet, some are not grooved, they get algae and air boats blow crap up on them. The 4X is good insurance. I have also seen FWD vehicles have trouble.
    Yep, also wanted the 4x4 for chasing deer and hogs. Had a Ram Hemi 2wd and it was too big and the landings get slick in the winter.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver