Thread: Ignition

Ignition

My Elite's ignition switch melted. It works its making my Key a mess.

I think i cooked it when I left it on and did not turn my battery off then plugged in my PP charge.

The key doesnt start the boat the key pad does. My question is are the key ignitions universal or specific?

My motor is a 225 Pro Xs 2 stroke serial 1b937353

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

2. Member
    pretty much universal color code for mercs
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Sorry Joe I Dont follow. Are you say all the Merc ignition switches are the same?

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    yes sir pretty much universal ,and should have same color wirring as engine harness
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Oh ok. Duh... sorry man Im slow at times... well most of the time.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you have a six-pin plug-in switch, and it has a MERCURY MARINE sticker/tag on the keyswitch side of the harness, it's as simple as replacing the switch with a new one that plugs right in.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor