Thread: Temp. warning

Temp. warning

250 Optimax, Model 1250P73HD, Serial # 1B541204

Hi, I have good water pressure, but the temperatures seem wrong to me. It warms up fine but the temp goes to 130-136 before I see the temps drop to about 118 and then it rises again. After it runs this cycle 3 times I get a solid alarm and the temp icon starts blinking.

Two things, is this normal? Second is there a way I can check for codes? Can I buy an adaptor the plugs into a laptop and download software?

Thanks
    Ralph

2. Member
    They only time I've ever got a temp alarm is when the temp got to high not to low.

What's the temp when you get the alarm? It could be a compressor overheat and not an engine overheat. From your description, it sounds like the stats are working properly.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

You can get the fault codes read at a Mercury shop or get the Rinda Diacom software and read them yourselves.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Member
    Check your compressor strainer.

6. Member
    Make sure water is peeing from back of motor .

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    What's the temp when you get the alarm? It could be a compressor overheat and not an engine overheat. From your description, it sounds like the stats are working properly.
    ^^^^^+1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Hi, the temp is between 132 and 136 when the alarm goes off.

9. Member
    A steady tone is a CRITICAL alarm condition, shut engine down, and investigate before causing engine damage.

Your engine coolant temperatures appear normal so, as has been stated, it is probably a compressor overheat. You NEED to address this or you could potentially take out the compressor - $$$.

Ensure your telltale is present and strong within 10 - 15 second after engine start, if it is not, there is WEAK or NO coolant flow through the compressor. Check, inspect, and clean the compressor strainer - Compressor STRAINER Cleaning
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

10. Member
    Adapter and software for a laptop will set you back $600-$700