Sonic hub 2 power on problems

I have a sonic hub 2 connected to hds live 12
    All was working fine until I upgraded jl amp from 600 6 to an 800 8
    The plug for sh2 has 12 volts to red and yellow wire when not plugged into the sh2.
    As soon as I plug it in the voltage drops to 1.5 volts on the hot wire.
    Only thing I can think of is an internal short in the sh2
    Please help as I think these units are something else that starts like sh2
    Nmea connection has 12 volts. On it.
    Can't find on device list

2. Member
    I spent hours diagnosing my SonicHub 1 issues. Sometimes it would work and other times nothing. After making sure my nema2000 network had power I decided to get a new SonicHub2 unit and problem solved. The existing power cord plugged right in and now it works all the time. And on the SonicHub2 there is a power button as an option in the menu so it’s easy to use.

3. Member
    Glad you got problem solved.
    Lowrance products work great for our enjoyment on the water, but when there is a problem, getting them to help solve and/or replace is a great challenge, no matter their own product or something that should work with Lowrance.

Often the only recourse in my experience is to give up and buy the "new and improved" model.
    i recently had a sirius xm receiver problem.the WM-3 module all powered up ,fit into Lowrance network module,am/fm from tuner worked fine, but no //sirius?
    many phone calls to "refresh" signal were of no avail.disgusted,I bite the bullet and bought there "new and improved" WM-4.
    so far no problems.
    then get a email fromSirius xm Marine Support dept,which i share with everybody:

Marine Support
    Sep 23, 2021, 12:03 PM (9 days ago)

to me

"Hi John,

It does sound like the WM-3 has an issue. It could be related to the the antenna or the splitter module. We had seen quite a few WM-3 failures and were glad when the WM-4 replaced it. Have you noticed what the lights on the module are doing when it shows initializing? Here is the legend of what you should see"
    :
    they then provide me with a drawing of the module and the lights that should be on, which were on on my unit.

"The antennas are no longer available other than in the used market that we are aware of. If you are interested in temporarily removing yours, you could send it to us and we could bench test it for you. There would be no charge for testing other than your shipping cost to send it in."

So sirius KNEW there was a problem, but didnt recall product,didnt offer a refund or the Wm_4 as a replacement, and wanted me to send in the wm-3 at my expense so they could "bench test it".

I know this is not a specific Lowrance problem, but the issues i see with hds displays, transducers,ethernet wiring, etc,just reinforces "buyer beware" and the lack of responsible customer support that i see with ALL electronic devices we use on the water.

john

"

go)

to me

4. Member
    The only contact I have had is an email survey asking about their service.
    Obviously I they were given the appropriate response.
    As to the question on why I responded as I did I simply told them I never heard from them.
    Maybe now that I responded they will respond to my original email.

5. Member
    Did you ever fix the “powering on” issue with you Sonic Hub2??