66 yard FG for the Win!

Go Ravens!

2. Member
    Same old lions.

3. Member
    That was crazy. Two NFL record attempts today. One results in the longest field goal the other in the longest play.

Got a little help from the refs as play clock was expired on that last drive.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Got a little help from the refs as play clock was expired on that last drive.
    Yep, even though the Lions have brought most of their misery on themselves, the refs have screwed them over quite a few times in the last 10 or so years. It's beyond embarrassing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Yep, even though the Lions have brought most of their misery on themselves, the refs have screwed them over quite a few times in the last 10 or so years. It's beyond embarrassing at this point.

They broke that play down post-game. Hopefully those refs get a demerit on their permanent record. They screwed the pooch on that one.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They broke that play down post-game. Hopefully those refs get a demerit on their permanent record. They screwed the pooch on that one.
    No excuse for it when it isn't a judgement call! I understand mistakes, we are all human. But in this day and age a playclock issue should never happen one way or the other. It is cut and dry.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    No excuse for it when it isn't a judgement call! I understand mistakes, we are all human. But in this day and age a playclock issue should never happen one way or the other. It is cut and dry.
    And it wasn't even close. It was at 0 and they snapped the ball like 1 second later.

9. Member
    Only the Lions. I'm not negative on the new regime, as I realize the position the previous left us in. But honestly, I'm about to just quit. This crap only happens to the Lions. The fact that it hit the cross bar was like salt in my deep deep deep Lions wounds.

I have a 1 year old and I will do everything in my power to make him a "football" fan and not a Lions fan

10. Member
    Oh I think it goes deeper than the last regime in Detroit. This seems like it might go back several regimes. I feel for you.
    Red Sox in 6!

11. Member
    Sounds like how the Browns were always getting screwed in the past several years. I did not see the game or the replay, but it seems if there is a bad team, they get picked on like a red headed step child.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Oh I think it goes deeper than the last regime in Detroit. This seems like it might go back several regimes. I feel for you.
    Yep, until the Ford family sells the team to somebody who really cares they will never win.

13. Member
    My while family are Lions fans. I make fun of them constantly. It's just so easy when they continue to waste their time and energy watching the perennial losers. Until people stop buying tickets and merchandise, there is no incentive for the Fords to make major changes. People always talk about how great the Lion's fans are. I like to talk about how foolish they are.

Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    Only the Lions. I'm not negative on the new regime, as I realize the position the previous left us in. But honestly, I'm about to just quit. This crap only happens to the Lions. The fact that it hit the cross bar was like salt in my deep deep deep Lions wounds.

I have a 1 year old and I will do everything in my power to make him a "football" fan and not a Lions fan
    lol I wish my dad had done that for me.

15. dartag1829
    No big deal. We that live in Michigan are used to disappointment from The Lions. Matthew Stafford is 3-0 with the rams. Bet he is happy they got rid of him.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post

Do yourself a favor and turn the "i'm about to just quit" statement and put it into action. I was a huge Lions and NFL fan for years, was in numerous fantasy leagues, and looked forward to the start of each season. Between the Lions being the Lions, and the entire league getting politicized, I've stopped following the NFL. I haven't regretted the decision once. My time is much better used now on Sunday's and I'm not getting frustrated for something that really doesn't matter.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    No big deal. We that live in Michigan are used to disappointment from The Lions. Matthew Stafford is 3-0 with the rams. Bet he is happy they got rid of him.
    I hope Stafford has a really good year, they don't come any tougher

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Do yourself a favor and turn the "i'm about to just quit" statement and put it into action. I was a huge Lions and NFL fan for years, was in numerous fantasy leagues, and looked forward to the start of each season. Between the Lions being the Lions, and the entire league getting politicized, I've stopped following the NFL. I haven't regretted the decision once. My time is much better used now on Sunday's and I'm not getting frustrated for something that really doesn't matter.
    I've backed off for sure. I no long plan my day around a 1 o'clock kick. If I miss a quarter or a half or more who cares. It's helped for sure.

19. Moderator
    Back to the thread topic.....AWESOME kick.