Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

19 PHX - over Ranger Z519 or Basscat Caracal

I saw a 2022 Phoenix 19 PHX this weekend and was really impressed with the upgrades Phoenix has done since I owned a 719. Outfitted with HDS 12, 9 and Ghost. It's about the same price as the Z519 and cheaper than Caracal. Seriously considering pulling the trigger. Anyone have any experience with this boat? Good choice?

2. Member
    I have a 819, I’m going to look real hard at a bass cat as my next boat.

3. Member
    I would go with the Phoenix.

4. Member
    Phoenix. I like my 919 Pro
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

You are mainly going to get the “Phoenix” answer on the Phoenix Board. All 3 are great boats. Look at all three in person and decide. One will stand out.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

yea you will like one of them more than the others, that's the boat you need to buy.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Fish View Post
    Phoenix. I like my 919 Pro
    That is easier said than done these days. No boats in stock - if there is one - no test drives as they can sell it to the next person easy. Finding a BassCat Caracal to look at or ride in is a difficult task. Ranger is certainly more common. New ones are not close at the moment. I did drive 2-3hrs out of my way to see a Phoenix 19 PHX.

8. Member
    I can say that the Rangers ride won't come close to the Phoenix.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc11tcc View Post
    That is easier said than done these days. No boats in stock - if there is one - no test drives as they can sell it to the next person easy. Finding a BassCat Caracal to look at or ride in is a difficult task. Ranger is certainly more common. New ones are not close at the moment. I did drive 2-3hrs out of my way to see a Phoenix 19 PHX.
    You are correct. I was at my dealer a few weeks ago. There was 2 boats in the show room. When I bought mine there was 12 - 15. The dealer also sells Skeeter but still only 2 boats. I was shocked! Same where ever you go, grocery store, sporting goods store. No one has any stock to speak of.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

10. Smallmouth Junkie!
    19 PHX is a great boat. Can’t say anything bad about a Bass Cat but I love my Phoenix and believe you would be very happy in one. The ride is outstanding and they are very fisherman friendly.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Fish View Post
    You are correct. I was at my dealer a few weeks ago. There was 2 boats in the show room. When I bought mine there was 12 - 15. The dealer also sells Skeeter but still only 2 boats. I was shocked! Same where ever you go, grocery store, sporting goods store. No one has any stock to speak of.
    Delaers I’ve talked to are not getting any “spare” inventory. Orders only. If I order, there is no guarantee of parts, units or engines.

12. Member
    I think all three are very good brands and I would let layout, trailer and price be my criteria in that order. Ride would be in my rotation if I could test all three under simlar conditions after layout and before trailer.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

13. Member
    My previous boat was a ranger I have a 919 phx 2019 225 merc The Phoenix ride is unreal compare to my old Ranger, especially in rough water. fishes great. gets on plane like right now..I would definitely add a jack plate, I did not have one at first make a big difference also you will love the slam latches seem like no big deal but they are awesome also the net in the floor is great the only thing better with the Ranger is if you fish in a steady down pour the storage gets wet..owend my ranger for 20 years fished in multiple 8 hour tourneys in heavy rain not one storage bin got wet. but still would chose a PHX 919 OVER A RANGER also way faster the 919 is a little rocket Take a little bit to get used to driving vs Ranger that's why I think jack plate is a must and so is a Trick step on trailer. Thats my 2 cents. never been in a Bass cat so can't say

14. Member
    I would also recommend Wiedas Marine in Kentucky,,those guys are all bass fisherman and awesome people great service just an FYI

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz819 View Post
    I have a 819, I’m going to look real hard at a bass cat as my next boat.
    Not questioning your judgement by no means but would be interested in your experience as to why you made that decision. I am not the type of person that just like to hear the pro's as to why all the time but also like to hear the con's.

16. Member
    Having been in all 3 brands mentioned, it would be a Phoenix for me and I currently own a Champion.

17. Member
    I was actually looking for a Caracal or a Lynx when I stumbled on my 920 Pro XP. Happy with what I have but if the right deal pops up on a Lynx I'll jump on it.

18. Member
    Hard to beat the quality with Basscat or Phoenix. I’ve owned a cat and two Phoenix’s both have been great boats and great companies to work with. If you can’t see them spend as much time as you can researching them. You can find videos on YouTube and measurements on the internet to help you compare the two. You really can’t go wrong with either.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

I have had both Cat's and PHX. Both are excellent boats.

20. Scraps
    The layouts are really different amongst the three so look real hard at that. For me, I'm not a big fan of the huge center, front compartment and would like a day box. Found this out after buying.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast