Ranger VS deep V

Anyone notice they changed to just VS and the VS now has an Angler and Reata version? Looks like the Reata has the rear jump seats and the Angler has the fold down bench option. The 17ft with a 115Pro XS is in the low 30ks which for 2022 boat prices isn’t bad considering it has a 96 beam, front trailer step, spare tire, full raised Ranger logo, nice wheels, tandem axle trailer, 3 bank lithium battery charger, competition steering wheel, and live well divider all standard. Those same features are upgrades on a Lund. The problem is Ranger only has one picture on their website with no order option. Apparently since it’s a 2022 model and we are still in 2021 customers will have to wait for Ranger to update their website.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Not sure what you mean by no order option. Contact your/a dealer to order.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

On the Ranger website it use to have the build a boat option. Right now Ranger doesn’t even have pictures up.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’m not as familiar with the aluminum boats, but it appears that there are 3 color combinations available in the VS Reata. Dealers will have pictures of each of the 3; it seems like they vary mainly in the striping on the side. The web site picture for each model shows 1 color variation. As far as pricing, the build a boat option is not there to do the tabulation for you, so the way to price [other than working through a dealer] is to start with the base price at the top of the page, then scroll down to the options area on that page, clicking each option as you go. You would need to keep a running tab of each option price as you go, either on paper or using a calculator, in order to see the final [sticker] price fully loaded. And then of course, you would still need to contact a dealer with your wish list in order to see whether further savings could be negotiated from the MAP pricing.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 09-26-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Yeah I called the dealer to see if they had pictures of the Reata. The dealer knew less than me about them. The dealer can order one but I need to see pictures first.
    Last edited by j791; 09-26-2021 at 09:22 PM.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    And that’s when you contact a different dealer. However, I don’t know which pictures you seek. It’s still early enough in the model year that dealers might have only exterior pictures of the Reata on hand. Some dealerships do a brisk trade in aluminum deep-Vs, and some rarely ever sell one. Make some calls with a specific question or two in mind, and it should not take long to separate those who don’t from those who do.

I called Ranger. They do not have a VS Reata built yet so they are unable to take pictures. I did find out that the VX series is coming back they just don’t have it on the website either. Hopefully in a month or two they will have the website updated. Interesting note is they said they have been receiving a lot of calls on the VS Reata and Angler series. I’m guessing it’s the price point because you get all the family features for a lot less.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Agreed on the price point. Several of Ranger’s models in the low 30s are attractive buys.

9. Member
    I'm just going to say that if you're looking into buying a Ranger aluminum, I'd exercise caution. I have a 2020 VX series that has had quiet a long list of QC issues since I took delivery of it in May 2020. My latest issues will most likely require it to go back to the factory, I'm on week #3 of waiting for a response from Ranger on what they're going to do. Send me a private message if you want to chat about my experience so far. I have lots of details.