1987 Johnson 150gt ignition issues

I have a 1987 Johnson 150 GT (J150GTLCUR) it had a horrible miss, the right bank 1,3,5 had spark. left bank 2,4,6 had no spark, I switched the power packs then the left Bank had spark, the right bank had no spark. So I switched them back assuming I had a bad power pack when I tried to start it again both banks had Spark, then it went back to the right bank having spark and the left bank having no spark. So I switched them around again this morning the boat is idling like it never has before however neither bank will show spark on the timing light I am really confused any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time

2. Member
    Hey guy's, This is a friend of mine and I was bragging to him how helpful this site is for all of us. Not being a powerhead guru, We all know this can be frustrating. Please chime in and give some input. Championman, OMC forever, Seahorse, Bassmeister, and all the rest, let us hear from you please. Thanks Guys !!

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Eddie, I sent him your way with his gearcase issue, But, Let me ask you how can an engine idle perfectly and not have any spark?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Eddie, I sent him your way with his gearcase issue, But, Let me ask you how can an engine idle perfectly and not have any spark?
    I wish I had an answer for you Fred, just hoping you may have a trick or two up your sleeve !!!

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Well it seems he is all over the www OMC forums begging for help. I tried to help him with his GC issue and referenced you to him. Now the guy is IM'ng me on FB plus asking the world. Sometimes it ain't worth it.

6. Member
    Gearcase issue all taken care of...Thanks

7. Member
    Bad timing light
    thx for help