Lowrance Ghost Gas Spring Mount Broke

I purchased the Ghost in April 2021 and yesterday when I went to deploy it the plastic mount that the lower gas spring is attached to broke. Anyone else experienced this issue or found a replacement for the lower mount?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

2. Member
    Call Lowrance, they will replace, i broke mine and they shipped another at no cost.

3. Member
    Thanks!
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

4. Member
    Wonder what that plastic parts life expectancy is? I wouldn’t think they would use plastic for that.

5. Member
    Update:

Contacted Lowrance yesterday and they shipped a new part which will be here tomorrow. The part is a Lift Assist Crutch.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

6. Member
    Know this is an old(er) post but my Lowrance Ghost Lift Assist Crutch broke just snapped .... I'll call Lowrance and get a new one.

How involved is the repair however ? I did notice that if you get Ghost partially deployed there's no / less tension and then you just knock out the pins and slide in the new clutch ? That easy ?
    ?

TIA
    Last edited by BassinLA13; 04-09-2023 at 06:32 PM.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

7. Member
    Not too bad at all, should be a video for it. I replaced nearly everything involved with mount including top, it was squeaking, no more
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    Not too bad at all, should be a video for it. I replaced nearly everything involved with mount including top, it was squeaking, no more
    Where did you find this video? I need to do this replacement on mine and it looks like it is gonna be some serious work just from the eyeball test.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

9. Member
    Mine also broke. Seems like terrible design. They sent the parts but I'm still taking it to the service center to get it fixed and hopefully find out what caused it.
    I like the Ghost but am having too many mechanical breakdowns for seemingly no reason. Right now they are taking care of it under warranty but its still time and money getting it to the dealer. And what happens when it is off warranty?

10. Member
    I just had my lift assist crutch break as well. I called Lowrance, they're shipping a new strut and crutch. They emailed me a PDF with instructions for the installation. If anyone needs those instructions send me a PM with your email and I'll shoot it over.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2010 Yamaha 250 SHO
    10in Atlas Hydraulic, 10ft PP blades

Anyone have a link to a video of this? Need to replace mine, thanks… Bill