Rainshadow RX6 Mag Blanks

Looking for some opinions on the Rainshadow RX6 Mag Bass blanks?
    Specifically the MB843 and MB843 blanks ?
    Whats your thoughts on them ?
    Thanks and Tight Lines!
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

2. Member
    I'm assuming you were referring to the MB 843 & 844, like many good blank manufacturers, the series going up and down the line of all the graphites stay pretty similar, these are the older Rainshadow designs like the RX7 & 8s which were very good in their own right and I still use today. If I had to pick another rod manufacturer that you may have used before, if you haven't fished any Rainshadows, I'd have to say they would be pretty "similar" to GL2 Loomis MB blanks.

3. Member
    Nothing to assume …
    I was pretty specific on the Blanks.
    Yes I have fished a couple and they we’re definitely more sensitive than a Loomis GL blank.
    I would put them more in the GLX category in terms of sensitivity.
    Was interested in performance thoughts…
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

4. Member
    Yep, pretty specific. "Specifically the MB843 and MB843 blanks" ? I have one and it"s just ok, not comparable to a NFC.

5. Member
    Must be a reason the Rainshadow RX6 MB844 has been a Staple for nearly a decade for guys building Bass rods ???
    They can’t be that terrible… LOL
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

6. Member
    RX6 is 33 mil graphite, the original fishing rod graphite, the resins have changed over the years, but not so much the material. NFC SM, Lamiglas G1000, GL2, SC II, you get the picture. The original GLX with paper scrim was 60 mil, now that it has a high modulus glass scrim it is a bit lower, but much tougher. The change was some time ago when they brought back the IMX line which also now uses the same scrim.
    Don't get me wrong, the RX6 blanks are very good, I have used a lot of them. Building rods with high end materials without regard for their use is now and always been a mistake. The material stiffness doesn't do well in all circumstances in my opinion.