Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2nd dose covid vaccine

Don't mean this to go political in any way. I was hesitant about getting the vaccine, but was convinced by the wife who works at a big hospital from her telling me what she's seen with unvaccinated patients. Anyways, about a month ago I got the first dose/shot of the vaccine (Moderna), and with the first dose I had no symptoms other that a little soreness in my arm from the injection. Yesterday about 4pm I got the second dose/shot of Moderna, and felt fine yesterday evening, went to bed, and woke up this morning covered in sweat. Got up to get some Tylenol & ibprofuren, started having chills. Checked temp, 100.2. Temp has went down with meds, but still having hot and cold spells, and the worst part is almost every part of my body aches, pretty badly. Also, my whole arm on the side I got the shot in hurts like hell. Question is, for you guys that got Moderna, how long did the symptoms from the second dose of the vaccine last? Cause this is miserable.

2. Member
    Sore arm for a few days but nothing worse than the Shingles shots. Headache for one day. That’s it!

3. Member
    I got a question on the opposite spectrum. Do you think the vaccine failed if you had zero side effects? I had zero side effects after each shot of the Moderna.

4. Member
    Side effects lasted about 36 hours for me. For my wife about 3 days.

My body ached some, but mostly my arm. Which I felt needed to be immobilized and not to be touched by even air. I had my shot at 9am and started having the body aches starting about the time I got off work at 6pm. The next day was miserable but it was easing around diner time.

My wife started getting a massive headache within a few hours. Body aches. Fever, Chills, She would lay there and start almost crying just at random for 2 full days after. The 3rd day after her headache was gone and the fever spells (it would come and go) were gone. But she said she felt like she had the worst hangover over her life.

5. Member
    Took me 3 weeks to get over the first one. I had almost debilitating fatigue and dizziness. I didn't get the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I got a question on the opposite spectrum. Do you think the vaccine failed if you had zero side effects? I had zero side effects after each shot of the Moderna.
    No, many have no effects at all after either shot. Apparently it has no bearing on whether the vaccine worked or not.

7. Member
    Sounds like everyone is different. I hope this breaks tomorrow, because I feel like sh*t!. Thanks guys

It’ll go as quick as it came. I was in bed for a day then the next day it’s like it never happened.
    Good thing is it’s showing your immune system is working and you should have pretty good defense against Covid.

9. Member
    Didnt whoever gave you the vaccine explain what the normal range of side effects that can be expected are and how long they might last??

They should have.

CDC even provides a handout for practitioners to give out.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...l_12.13.20.pdf

10. Member
    Got my 2nd Moderna on a Fri morning and by Friday night I was dog tired. Stayed that way all Saturday and Sunday. Woke up Monday and was fine. No other side effects. Funny how it affects some and others not so much.

My symptoms were just like yours on both shots. Symptoms from 2nd shot lasted around 36 hours. I was a little tired for another 24 or so hours afterward. (Moderna)
    Last edited by arxpress; 09-25-2021 at 11:26 PM.
    '07 Champ 183CX

12. Member
    Got my Pfizer booster shot today. Same symptoms as with the first two, NONE. Have heard that the second shot of Moderno is tough.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

13. Member
    Second Pfizer put me down for bout 36 hours...looking forward to my booster

Flu shot and shingles vaccine on deck too, heard the shingles vaccine can get ya...

14. Member
    It will go quick..my miss felt like crap the 2nd day she got it at 4 and about 830 the next night she was laying there and it just went away and it was like it had never happened so it's coming buddy just hang in there it will be gone soon
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

Sore arm on the first one.
    The 2nd shot made me really tired for about 25 hours. Just wanted to sit around, and nap immediately after taking it. Wife had the same reaction.
    We were both completely fine the next morning.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

16. triton
    No side effects at all ....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

17. Member
    No side effects for me but I was drinking alot.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Sounds like normal reaction. I personally just had a sore arm. Know quite a few who felt like you though.

19. Member
    I had no effects from either shot (Moderna). Reading your post all I could think was I'd rather feel like shit for a couple of days than dead.

20. Member
    We have had covid so only getting one shot, calling it good

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast