1995 Mariner 200 efi super mag

Have a 94 18' BMC with 95 Mariner 200 efi super mag. Unloaded from the trailer this morning and rode 300 yards or so and fished for bout 4 hrs. Motor ran great. I cranked up to head back to the trailer and noticed the motor wasn't pissing any water in neutral. I put it in gear and gave it alitte throttle and it started pissing water. Got back to the ramp and turned it off. Back the trailer in and cranked up to load up. At idle and in neutral still wasn't pissing water then constant alarm came and stayed on. Put it in gear gave it alitte throttle and started pissing water but alarm stayed on. During this whole time motor cranked and ran great. Oil tank is little below full and reservoir at motor is full. Anyone have a idea about the water and the alarm?

Change the water pump impeller, and actually I would do the entire pump kit. how long has it been since the water pump was serviced?

3. Member
    I bought the boat bout month ago, don't know when last time it was serviced, I know he said the water pump was replaced 2 years ago. I'm taking it in next week to have it serviced and replacing the water pump. I kind of figured that's what it might be

4. Banned
    It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving post to the 2.5L Forum for you. Please be sure to update your post to include the engine Serial Number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor