School me on Shop Fans

Getting near completion of 30’ X 50’ shop. Fully insulated to include garage doors, concrete floor. Looking for ceiling fans to move air more than anything else, as front 1/2 is for boat, car and back 1/2 a workshop. 12’ ceilings, not sure how many I need, what brand, locations. Just starting to research, I know Google is my friend, so looking for real world experiences. Thanks

2. Member
    Not a ceiling fan, but look into a furnace blower if you want to move air. A lot of the repair men either give them away when replacing a furnace or for 20 bucks. Squirrel cage and the motor moves the air

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Not a ceiling fan, but look into a furnace blower if you want to move air. A lot of the repair men either give them away when replacing a furnace or for 20 bucks. Squirrel cage and the motor moves the air
    This works great, been using them for years in my auto repair shop before I retired.

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Agree with this. I kept one that I replaced from a furnace and use it in my garage for this purpose. 12" squirrel cage moves a TON of air. If not this, look into a big-ass fan or one of the quality knock offs. get a couple that are 6-8 feet in diameter in that shop space.

Two ceiling fans one on each end of the garage, one sucking and one blowing.

6. Member

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Two ceiling fans one on each end of the garage, one sucking and one blowing.
    Our maintenance shop put in a big (probably 10-12') diameter ceiling fan, holy crap that thing moves a LOT of air around.