9/25/2021 report

Holly cow what a grind!! Saw 37* on the truck on the way to the lake. Got on the water 6:30am lots of steam coming off the water, kinda pretty really. Wt temp 66-67 big difference from last weekend. I think the water was rolling over lots of green stuff coming up from the bottom. Started on a flat area with top water. Nothing there, friend got a 14” bass on a chatter bait on the flat. Moved to a steep point tryed everything there but nothing. Tried running the grass line on the bank, nothing. Ran to some other passed good spots nothing. Good thing I have a good sense of humor because we were getting frustrated Soon it was 11:30am and we had enough abuse for this weekend. I figured it would be tougher with the cold night and the high pressure but thought we could get a couple bites?? I guess if it was easy more people would fish.

2. Member
    Glad to know I wasn’t the only one to struggle this weekend. Took my nephew out on Badger Creek lake, a place I had never fished. Caught one 16-17 inch bass on a swim jig and one 12-13 incher on a squarebill and that was it. Both fish were really light colored and the lake was either turning over or had an algae bloom because it was really green colored water. Tried buzzbaits, popper, frog, spinnerbait, Texas rig, flashy swimmer with a 3.8 Keitechs, and a senko as well. It was a gorgeous day to be out on the water though, so it wasn’t all bad.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Glad to know I wasn’t the only one to struggle this weekend. Took my nephew out on Badger Creek lake, a place I had never fished. Caught one 16-17 inch bass on a swim jig and one 12-13 incher on a squarebill and that was it. Both fish were really light colored and the lake was either turning over or had an algae bloom because it was really green colored water. Tried buzzbaits, popper, frog, spinnerbait, Texas rig, flashy swimmer with a 3.8 Keitechs, and a senko as well. It was a gorgeous day to be out on the water though, so it wasn’t all bad.
    Thank you for your report!!