Thread: Power issue???

Power issue???

Not sure about this but my 1994 200 SX Skeeter's Pro-V ( running a 25P Murcury) is starting to have problems gutting out of the hole. Just pushes water at wot but won't get up. This continues for a few minutes then finaly, it slowly develops the RPMs to get up as it should. It's fine the rest of the day. Same thing next time I go. Seems like my top end is a little slower. Put my spare prop (23p Protech 4 blade) and same thing but can only turn 5400@62MPH. Before my issue, this prop would snatch that boat out of water. I am mystified because, I don't think it's a set up problem. Any help would be appreciated guys.

I think I'd start with fuel line; last time it was changed out? Then spark plugs, carbs, and fuel pumps n filter.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLure View Post
    I think I'd start with fuel line; last time it was changed out? Then spark plugs, carbs, and fuel pumps n filter.
    Almost too embarrassed to post this but after changing my spark plugs, I neglected to snap on the last plug wire. So I was running on 5 cylinders instead of 6!!! Another senior moment…

We've all been there whether admitted or not.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175