Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks for the Vexus help

I know I am new here, but thanks for the advice on here. I'm glad I found t his forum and started to read or my first boat journey would not have ended up this way.

I put my deposit down for a AVX181 build.

75 Merc with the bay hydraulic steer
    Ultrex Mdi with iPilot link linked to console for now
    Helix 9 MSi at console
    nothing at bow yet till I decide

poly floor
    silver but with grey bottom. I didn't do the black

trailer buckles

recessed foot tray
    retracting straps
    auto bilge
    remote plug
    nexus cover and merc cover
    center box store vs seat
    seat slide

I didn't do a jack plate cause from what I was told with only a 75 it won't really help much.

I'm pretty excited. It's not a glass rig but it will be I think a great boat to learn to manage on my own and for my family. One day hopefully a inshore bay to replace this for catching drum vs bass.

I did get to look at a glass vexus. I have been on others skeeters, rangers, nitro's. The vexus is beautiful. The rangers are pretty sick also but the vexus is just amazing looks wise. I would love to one day ride on one or even fish from one.

For what I paid for this 181 I think even though about 4 grand more than what the G3 was or 2 grand more than the express H I was getting ore value with various differences.

Thanks guys,
    jim

congrats

We need pics as soon as she arrives.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    congrats

We need pics as soon as she arrives.
    For sure!!

I got a bit of a wait but I’ll be on here reading everyday! I have to still decide on bow fish finder.

my buddies are excited for me. I don’t know whether it’s cause I finally have my own boat or because They won’t have to cart me around on theirs anymore. Lol. No they are happy. We are fishing this afternoon into night cause I couldn’t go this morning so I know they will be busting me. We are a pretty rough bunch of you can’t take it. We are brutal.

4. Member
    Congratulations! Can't wait to see some pictures.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Congrats Buddy .. Make to post some pictures once you get it

6. Member
    Thanks guys. Thanks for the help again. Once you see the boat in person it pretty much sells itself.

7. Member
    Now you get to cart them around in your rig. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post

my buddies are excited for me. I don’t know whether it’s cause I finally have my own boat or because They won’t have to cart me around on theirs anymore. Lol. No they are happy. We are fishing this afternoon into night cause I couldn’t go this morning so I know they will be busting me. We are a pretty rough bunch of you can’t take it. We are brutal.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossman View Post
    Now you get to cart them around in your rig. Congrats.

oh don’t worry I hear daily how they can’t wait to get on my boat and start getting pickerel slime all over the place like I do on theirs. My one buddy says he needs to put plastic down for me cause it looks like a murder scene after we get thick into pickerel. Lol

9. Member
    I know this is an older thread but I’ll use it as my owner thread.

my boat is started so that’s really cool!

I ended up adding a helix 10 mdi at the bow so I’ll be good to go for now.

i have a good friend who just got the garmin pan and another friend who got live view. So I’m going to use this season to see if I think either will be a fit for me. I’m the geek of the group so I’m really going to try and learn as much about both as possible with thier thoughts also since they got way way more years of experience on the water than myself.

I started grabbing some safety stuff and other odds and ends for the boat.

Im really really excited.

it’s kinda dead here right now prob cause it’s winter in a lot of the country but I figured I would throw this up.

I just wanted to say thanks again to all the Vexus team that has answered so many of my questions already along with the dealer I purchased from. Everyone has been really helpful. This is the one thing that has really stuck out with me and actually made my choice so much easier.

example. You email say 2 other boat manufacturers with questions and you get a generic answer to call a dealer and can’t even call these companies. So you already have that dealer/manufacture wall up if something goes wrong. Well sometimes you just wanted to get some questions answered cause you were early in shopping and didn’t want to bother a dealer when you aren’t actively buying yet. I get most companies work like this but Vexus just made me feel much more comfortable with my final choice. Also the dealer I bought from regardless of being a Vexus dealer just knew soooooo much more about any of the boats they sold from any other dealer of different brands I spoke with.

hopefully ice will be off soon and the fun will start up again!

10. Member
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

11. Member
    Well my boat is done I was told. Just waiting for it to come in. No big deal. 8 inches of ice on most our lakes still. I’ve been rounding up stuff I need that I never owned. I splurged on the mustang auto inflate vests that are Vexus branded so we can layer up and down and still be comfortable. Bought a ketch x board for measuring fish. They look like they are built to take a bomb. Reorganizing all my hear since I won’t be working out of a backpack anymore. I still need to make it easy to jump on my buddies boats when I need to. This has been my biggest problem. My boat is going to be outside unfortunately and covered so going back and forth to grab stuff is going to be a pain I know. Once I get the boat I really got to see if I can smash it in my garage. It’s sooooo close to maybe working. My wife prob won’t be happy but if I can somehow get it to work out. But anyway. I’m biting at the bullet here. I can’t wait. I’m pretty nervous about loading and unloading on my own when with the kids but I know that will come with experience. I always help when out on the other boats but not the same when alone. I got a great circle of friends so I know they will come out with my family on thier rigs this summer to make sure I’m all good. They will prob laugh the whole time too. Lol

12. Member
    You're gonna love it. Regarding loading and unloading: you'll be fine once you learn how far to back in the trailer for easy push off and for easy idle speed loading. Congratulations.

13. Member
    Thanks. Can’t wait!

14. Member
    I'll look for ya on the water.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    I'll look for ya on the water.

Hey Drums Pa! We have to start getting out more down your way. We seem to always go north further and further.

16. Member

Thanks for the Vexus Help . . . Now with pictures

Here are a few pics of the boat. I bought this blind so I'm posting pics to maybe help others who can't see this model in person. I just knew I didn't want a big boat. This was the shortest so why I picked it. I'm happy with my choice. I really don't think I need more boat so far. I have enough storage. The rod locker, yes isn't the typical center ones but I can get what I need in it for my kids and myself for the day. I keep the boat outside so I take my rods out after I fish before I cover cause I still fish a lot on my buddies boats so easier than going under the cover. Getting out lures is easy from the back with tending the cover on either side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Wow! Beautiful boat with super clean decks and nice storage layout! Thank you for the pictures! Enjoy the new boat sir!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by City17Banner View Post
    Wow! Beautiful boat with super clean decks and nice storage layout! Thank you for the pictures! Enjoy the new boat sir!
    thanks! They are deff not clean anymore. I went no carpet so when it does get dirty I can clean it up if need be with greater ease. I found a local guy who does a sea deck alternative. I might have it installed end of this season. I don’t know yet.

19. Member
    Very nice! Looks great behind your Jeep!
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

20. Member
    Thanks! Pulls well. The jeep does will I only have the 2.0 turbo. I was a bit worried but they told me the boat and trailer is in and around 2000 when loaded up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast