Thread: spark plug gap?

spark plug gap?

<EDIT: 1B445393>

just changed the spark plugs this afternoon. Don gave me the correct gap off .41 to .44. The old plugs I pulled out had normal wear. I checked the gap on plugs I pulled out the widest gap was .31 the other 5 plugs was from .20 to .25. I also found a high pressure fuel line on the port side had been spraying back across the head. pulled old band clamp and reclamped with s/s clamp and leaked check good. seems the idle miss is gone now. Sure pays to have the right gap and to check what you pulled off too.
    Thanks Don for all the info and setting me straight on the wrong plugs.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 09-25-2021 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Remember Serial Number :)

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad to hear it.

Also recommend getting an Mercury# 856880 Oetiker Clamp for that fuel line (if it's the one that connects to the high pressure fuel pump fitting, at the top of the VST).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor