Prop / boat setup advice

Ok here goes.
    I feel my setup is not correct after reading much on this site.
    I don't believe I am reaching the correct rpms at WOT although I am happy with how the boat performs including my holeshot. I would love to find a way to reduce the bouncing at low planing speeds though.
    Where would be the best place to start? Different prop, raise or lower engine, send prop to get worked on, (Mark Croxton?), or find a Merc dealer who may lend me a prop? I believe my recommended WOT should be 5000-5600.
    I am always in the lower end.
    I value any help you could give me.
    Thank you

2006 Nitro 175 NX
    2005 Mercury 135L Optimax serial #1B072275
    6 inch manual jackplate
    Trophy Plus 25P 4 blade stainless
    3 inch PTP

below readings are verified with Mercury smartcraft:
    1 person, full tournament gear, full tank - 53-55 mph @ 5080 rpms
    2 people, full tournament gear, full tank - less than 5000 rpms
    I mostly fish at the 53-55 5080 by myself and it will start to chimewalk at 55mph (which doesn't bother me, I just back off.)
    The engine runs very good.
    Again I thank any help.

2. Member
    PTP is a bit high and prop is too big.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your thread to the 2.5L Forum (your engine is a 2.5L model, even though it's 135hp).

I agree that you're definitely over-propped by a considerable margin. Going to need to be in the 21-22P range, more than likely to get it up in the 5600 RPM category.

Height may be a tad high as well.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Moving your thread to the 2.5L Forum (your engine is a 2.5L model, even though it's 135hp).

I agree that you're definitely over-propped by a considerable margin. Going to need to be in the 21-22P range, more than likely to get it up in the 5600 RPM category.

Height may be a tad high as well.
    Thank you for the reply I will also move it there.