Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 30/70 Screen Split with Solix 4.020 Software Update

The ability to have a 30%/70% screen split has been added on the new Solix 4.020 software update. I have pushed for the ability to change the width of the screen split like the Helix provides. This is not the full ability to define the split percentage but at least we have a 30/70 split in addition to the standard 50/50 split.

I think this will definitely be beneficial for Mega Live but it is also awesome for Mega 360. On the Solix, the Full 360 image leaves a lot of wasted space on each side of the image. On "Front" mode it pretty much fills the screen. The 30/70 split doesn't really work for Mega 360 Front Mode but works awesome in Full 360 Mode. I have attached 4 images of the full screen and 30/70 split shared with Chart.

The only caveat with the 30/70 split is that you can only put Mega 360, Mega Live, and SI in the 70% side. Everything else is is open to go wherever you want to put it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

2. Member
    any changes to the templates or is it 70/30 with the current templates that was on the solix?

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    The ability to have a 30%/70% screen split has been added on the new Solix 4.020 software update. I have pushed for the ability to change the width of the screen split like the Helix provides. This is not the full ability to define the split percentage but at least we have a 30/70 split in addition to the standard 50/50 split.

I think this will definitely be beneficial for Mega Live but it is also awesome for Mega 360. On the Solix, the Full 360 image leaves a lot of wasted space on each side of the image. On "Front" mode it pretty much fills the screen. The 30/70 split doesn't really work for Mega 360 Front Mode but works awesome in Full 360 Mode. I have attached 4 images of the full screen and 30/70 split shared with Chart.

The only caveat with the 30/70 split is that you can only put Mega 360, Mega Live, and SI in the 70% side. Everything else is is open to go wherever you want to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokies View Post
    any changes to the templates or is it 70/30 with the current templates that was on the solix?

Same view templates, just the two size choices for dual side by side views.

Don't be afraid to update your SOLIX and try it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Banned
    wow it only took them how many years?

5. Member
    I'll be dong this upgrade after my tournament Sunday. It will be a nice addition for sure.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

6. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    wow it only took them how many years?
    At least 6. I bought an ONIX 10 in June 2015 and gave up waiting for them to put that into the Solix. I went Helix with this round of upgrades.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Definitely glad to finally have at least a 30/70 split. Was also an Onix 10 early adopter. I love having my chart in the 30% side beside the Mega 360 in full 360 view mode on the 70% side on my Solix 12... Fits perfectly. Much better for trolling since the chart is the entire height of the screen where I used to run it in 1/4 of the screen on my 15 (so it was only using 1/2 of the height), along with SI and DI.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 10-01-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Member
    Wayne P wrote: Don't be afraid to update your SOLIX and try it.

Noooooooooo.......
    It's working well, it's now October and scary things are happening.
    Slydoggie won't even put his poontang in the water for a test!
    I'll have to wait for M-Live to appear! Like a Ghost in the garmin units!

9. Member
    About time, imagine that said in a Wisconsin/Canadian accent.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    Not being able to adjust the screen split size is the main reason I went with the Helix instead of a Solix. It figures they are finally doing something about it after I got everything setup.

I particularly like the way that Helix splits the screen into 3 sections when using it to control the Ulterra. Anyone using a Solix to control an Ulterra, how well does it display it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drothgeb View Post
    Not being able to adjust the screen split size is the main reason I went with the Helix instead of a Solix. It figures they are finally doing something about it after I got everything setup.

I particularly like the way that Helix splits the screen into 3 sections when using it to control the Ulterra. Anyone using a Solix to control an Ulterra, how well does it display it.
    30/70 with motor control

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Drothgeb View Post

30/70 without motor control:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    Wayne P wrote: Don't be afraid to update your SOLIX and try it.

Noooooooooo.......
    It's working well, it's now October and scary things are happening.
    Slydoggie won't even put his poontang in the water for a test!
    I'll have to wait for M-Live to appear! Like a Ghost in the garmin units!
    When I originally posted the 30/70 images, I was doing it from the comfort of my home office where I performed the update so I didn't have the Mega 360 connected. I've now been out a few times and have some real life images of the 30/70 split. I'm really loving the 30/70 split ability and it alone is definitely worth the update, even if I didn't care about anything else.

Just a little explanation on the images... I troll at 2.5 MPH and don't care about the bottom return. Since I only care about fish in the water column, I use the 455 Khz setting rather than the mega... I get fish returns at a much greater distance. I typically have my settings at Water column Sensitivity at +3, Chart Speed at 10 (I want to make the fish returns as large as possible), Mega 360 sweep speed at 6 (I want the quickest refresh possible and don't care about the bottom image quality), Color palette on all sonar is the bottom green one on the Solix and Mega 360 (it minimizes the bottom return so I can run "hot" to pick up more fish), and my sensitivity is typically in the upper range to highlight more fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Do you guys know if you can run SI on the 70% and split the 30% to run DI on top and 2D on bottom? I have a separate graph for mapping and a 2D ducer glassed in.

Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    Do you guys know if you can run SI on the 70% and split the 30% to run DI on top and 2D on bottom? I have a separate graph for mapping and a 2D ducer glassed in.
    ONLY dual pane split left/right is available as 30/70.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I won't repeat what Wayne said but you can run DI in the 70% side with one other "thing" in the 30% side. You can't do further splitting of the screens.

17. Member
    How do switch to the 30/70 split?

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldmck View Post
    Any pre-created view you don't have shown in the Views menu, you have to create a new view and SAVE it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldmck View Post
    You have to create a custom view using the 50/50 side by side template. At the top is the screen there is a radio button you push for 50/50 or 30/70. Select the 30/70 option and when you save it you will have you 30/70 view.

20. Member
    I made some 30/70 views last time we were out. Later, I found a menu item that allowed me to switch from 30/70 back to 50/50. So I think you can do that on any dual vertical screens.

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    You have to create a custom view using the 50/50 side by side template. At the top is the screen there is a radio button you push for 50/50 or 30/70. Select the 30/70 option and when you save it you will have you 30/70 view.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast