Thread: Boat cover

Boat cover

I am asking if anyone with a Ranger boat switched out their Ulterra or Ultrex for a Lowrance Ghost and if the cover still fit or it required modification.
    Don't count the days,Make the day's count
    YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

2. Member
    Not really, I just had mine modified and not it doesn't fly off while trailering anymore. But mine was from OG 2010 cover, to an Ultrex with 360. Also the double graphs were an issue.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
    I am asking if anyone with a Ranger boat switched out their Ulterra or Ultrex for a Lowrance Ghost and if the cover still fit or it required modification.
    Switched out an Ultrex for a Ghost, no problem at all.
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

4. Member
    I recently switched to the Ultrex. My cover did not fit well for travel. Still worked ok while stored.
    My Ranger is an 07 Z20. Original Owner, original cover. When I purchased the boat, dealer told me it had a 7 year warranty. I believe that I have gotten my money's worth. It started to show its age. The Ultrex sits a little higher which makes it tight in that area.

I called Ranger, they will make another custom cover for $ 1,218.00 with a 13 week estimated delivery date.
    Said it would be same quality. They sent me a form to fill out and said they would contact me when they received it to get any further details.

I am considering getting the Ranger ladder and then ordering the cover to fit.

I am really satisfied and surprised a little about how well the original cover has lasted.
    Ranger Z20

I switched from fortrex to ghost. I was sure my cover was not going to work, but it did. I have towed a bunch of miles with it and no problems.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812