Loose connector on 2008 Optimax Proxs 250

Hi,

I open up the caul and found one of the connector is dangling on the starboard side of the motor
    2008 Optimax Proxs 250
    Nothing seems to be failing while on the water but just curious what this connector might be.
    I couldn't figure out where it supposed to connect to.
    Please advise what this connector is.
    Thank you in advance!!!

CAL ID:MY2007p1AAAA_250PXS_P008000
    20210321_183146_sm.jpg
    20210321_183151_sm.jpg
    20210321_183156_sm.jpg

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Member
    digital speed sensor connects to black hose from gearcase used in smartcraft aplications
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Mine is purposely disconnected at the gearcase and have no faults on my Mercmonitor since I use GPS speed.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Several responses with errant info removed for clarity.

That is the PITOT sensor. When manufactured, the black tubing from the gearcase connected to that sensor.

It clips into the bracket for the 14-pin keyswitch harness (retainer simply came loose).

There are NO faults generated by having the pitot tubing disconnected. The only faults for this sensor are a Circuit HIGH and a Circuit LOW fault (indicating a short or an open circuit condition). Neither are generated by a piece of plastic tubing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thank you for the precise information.
    Have a wonderful evening.

Aaron