Networked FS 9's and AT

Any help would be appreciated. I have 2 FS 9's networked. I am looking at getting Active Target and have a question.
    If I have Active Target will I need a Sonic Hub to remain networked if I do not buy another unit? I am considering another FS 9 as a dedicated unit but I am leaning toward just the 1 unit (for now) if it will work that way.

2. Member
    FS units only have a single Ethernet port so connecting them together with the AT is not an option unless you get an NEP Ethernet expansion module. I don’t think Sonic Hub has Ethernet ports but I could be wrong. You could install a NMEA network and connect the FS units to that. At least that way they would have minimal sharing of waypoints.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Your problem is that you will run out of ethernetports. Sonichub uses NMEA2000 (another type of network) and is a good choice if you want to control the stereo from your Elite-units, it has nothing to do with any type of sonar (including AT).
    In order to network two Elite FS and one AT-module, you will need one of the following:
    1. A NEP-2 (network expansion port).
    2. Replace one Elite FS with a HDS Carbon or Live from 9 and up (these have double ethernetports).

As you are mentioning a possible third unit, the NEP-2 is probably the best option in your case.

4. Member
    Thank you for the confirmation. That is what I thought. I did not mean Sonic Hub I meant the NEP-2 so thanks for the correction. I have NMEA2000 also so I would lose partial networking I suppose. One other question, If I go with another FS9 specifically for the AT will that unit need to be connected to the NMEA2000 network? I am thinking specifically is my Point 1 a requirement for the AT?

As an aside, I am not technically savvy. I have been a "lurker" here for awhile and both of you that responded have taught me a lot. I do appreciate your responses to everyone.

5. Member
    The Point 1 will allow the direction cone of the AT to function better. All units should be connected to the NMEA network if possible

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175