Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I don't think I have had an issue with this in the past. I set mine at -2 but haven't gone back to make sure it is still there. Will do that next time I boot up though.
    Check it out you will see that it has gone back to the default "OFF" setting

Been that way since the Solix was released
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Hmmmmm... stuck here with 3.9 working just fine.
    You need to get those live units under the fine scrutiny of the bbc.

Waiting.......

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FarSouth View Post
    From my experience, software improvements from previous releases are carried forward into future releases. SW doesn’t generally regress, unless one of the new fixes breaks something else, which is always possible.
    Sorry, what I was trying to say is that the release notes for 3.980 didn't list anything about fixing an imaging problem with Solix G3, so I didn't perform the upgrade when it was released. It was only after someone mentioned they heard that there were issues with G3 that were fixed in 3.980 that I upgraded and noticed my imaging was much improved. Is this a common situation with Humminbird? I'd hate to wait several months only to find out there is a fix that I could benefit from that wasn't in the release notes.

4. Member
    Fixes not listed happens regularly. I have not seen a pattern. I would think many things are not mentioned as most would not notice the change. Just do what you are doing. Just wait a while and visit regularly here. JMO. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Check it out you will see that it has gone back to the default "OFF" setting

Been that way since the Solix was released
    I've rebooted my Solix 15 G2 SI+ (which is now at 4.020 and has the Heading Sensor attached) several times and it has kept my -2 heading offset each time. I was never aware of this before but I don't think it was going away before 4.020.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

I've rebooted my Solix 15 G2 SI+ (which is now at 4.020 and has the Heading Sensor attached) several times and it has kept my -2 heading offset each time. I was never aware of this before but I don't think it was going away before 4.020.
    I'll have to test it once I do the update

maybe its just the G1's but I checked after the last update and it was still not working
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'll have to test it once I do the update

maybe its just the G1's but I checked after the last update and it was still not working
    Do you do a Factory Restore before and after your updated? I have found that process to work very well for me.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Member
    Do you do a Factory Restore before and after your updated? I have found that process to work very well for me.
    If you do a factory restore before and after an update, how do you get your settings back to where they were beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by DogWalker View Post
    If you do a factory restore before and after an update, how do you get your settings back to where they were beforehand?
    You have to intentionally EXPORT the settings and they are written to a memory card.
    They are saved (Export) and retrieved (Import) to/from the card with the Files widget.
    It depends on how much stuff is changed/added to the unit whether or not you can use the old settings.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWalker View Post
    I also never restore my previous settings from a previous version. Based on my 42 years in the IT industry, doing that always carries risk of things not totally working as they should. I totally set everything up again after the update. I keep good notes on my settings so I just have a checklist that takes me about 30 minutes to get everything set back up. I do feel that using this technique has saved me from some of the Solix "quirkiness" people complain about.

you can notice 2 degrees of heading difference? I typically have to move mine 15-20 degrees to align with cog. And it doesn’t save it.

Are we talking about the same setting?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Yes I do the pain in the a$$ restore defaults before and after but I manually input all my settings after an update

I keep a excel spreadsheet check list with my settings

And I still haven't done this latest update but I did test the heading offset and it still does not save the offset after a restart it defaults back to the "Off" Position
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    you can notice 2 degrees of heading difference? I typically have to move mine 15-20 degrees to align with cog. And it doesn’t save it.

Are we talking about the same setting?
    I'm talking about the data offset for the NMEA 0183 Heading Sensor... AS GPS HS. When I installed it, I thought I hat it perfectly aligned with the boat but it was slightly off.

You can test your alignment by keeping both the GPS Course Line and Heading Line turned on in the Chart Overlay settings. When you are going fast enough for the GPS to be accurate, the lines should lay exactly on top of each other. In my case, it took a -2 degree offset in the Network settings Data Offset in the NMEA 0183 settings to get them to align.

14. Member
    I also never restore my previous settings from a previous version. Based on my 42 years in the IT industry, doing that always carries risk of things not totally working as they should. I totally set everything up again after the update. I keep good notes on my settings so I just have a checklist that takes me about 30 minutes to get everything set back up. I do feel that using this technique has saved me from some of the Solix "quirkiness" people complain about.
    Hey Steve can I get copy of that check list. I know I fish different water but it would be a good learning tool as my last Humminbird was a 1198c the I never messed with the settings. This Apex is a little overwhelming.

I'm talking about the data offset for the NMEA 0183 Heading Sensor... AS GPS HS. When I installed it, I thought I hat it perfectly aligned with the boat but it was slightly off.

You can test your alignment by keeping both the GPS Course Line and Heading Line turned on in the Chart Overlay settings. When you are going fast enough for the GPS to be accurate, the lines should lay exactly on top of each other. In my case, it took a -2 degree offset in the Network settings Data Offset in the NMEA 0183 settings to get them to align.
    That is how you test if the heading offset of 2 degrees is still saved?

Have you actually looked at the offset to see if the 2 degrees is still set?
    "The handicapped angler"

16. Member
    New software has been going for an hour and still not done. Factory reset complete before updating. Last version was 3.98
    Last edited by chrisntab; 09-27-2021 at 09:27 PM.

17. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    That is how you test if the heading offset of 2 degrees is still saved?

Have you actually looked at the offset to see if the 2 degrees is still set?
    Yes, I just checked it again before going out night fishing this evening. It switch was on and still had -2 degrees as the offset.

18. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stosiak View Post
    Hey Steve can I get copy of that check list. I know I fish different water but it would be a good learning tool as my last Humminbird was a 1198c the I never messed with the settings. This Apex is a little overwhelming.
    It's very long and pretty specific to me but I will PM it to you.

19. Member
    Just updated. Solix 12 G2 MSI. Went to simulation mode. Opened mega live but no simulation. Just a blank image. 360 works as does all the other stuff. Nothing for mega live.
    '12 Skeeter ZX20 SHO 250 Garmin Echomap Ultra 126SV and 106SV Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TXSkeeterBells View Post
    Just updated. Solix 12 G2 MSI. Went to simulation mode. Opened mega live but no simulation. Just a blank image. 360 works as does all the other stuff. Nothing for mega live.
    ONLY the G3 SOLIX got the LIVE simulator recording.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast