Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Solix 4.020 SW Version Now Available

The new 4.020 software version needed for Mega Live is nowavailable. It's also loaded with a number of fixes and enhancements, including a new 70/40 screen split view option.

Here is the information from the Humminbird site:

Humminbird

Many of our fish finders are temporarily sold out. If a model is missing the “Add to Cart” button, it is only available through an Authorized Dealer.
    Software Update - SOLIX G1 and G2 Series v. 4.020
    Released September 23, 2021

Software Description
    PLEASE NOTE:

On SOLIX G1 and SOLIX G2, software version 3.500 or greater must be installed prior to 4.020. No damage will occur if 3.500 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    Once 4.020 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 4.020. You will not be able to recover back to previous software versions.
    The defaults will be restored when 4.020 is installed.
    Affected Models:
    411050-1 SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    411040-1 SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    411030-1 SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    411020-1 SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    411010-1 SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    411000-1 SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    410420-1 SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    410410-1 SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    410400-1 SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    410390-1 SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    410490-1 SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    410470-1 SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

Updated Features:
    - Support for MEGA Live Imaging™:

Get must-watch detail and non-stop action. MEGA Live Imaging is a powerful sonar technology that will help you find and catch more fish. Connect to any SOLIX or APEX model and you'll see fish in real-time, allowing you to learn what makes the fish want to bite.

With no gaps in sonar coverage and industry-leading MEGA Imaging clarity throughout the entire view, you’ll see more fish, in greater detail than ever before.

Find where the action is. Mark and view waypoints right on your MEGA Live Imaging screen and return to the spot later.
    MEGA Live Imaging Views

- Support for 30% / 70% split screen views:

Vertical split-screen views can now be changed form a 50/50 split to a 30/70 split.

This can be done with any application combination with the following rules:

The Video In/Out pane is not supported.
    Instrument Views and the RADAR view only support 50/50 split.
    Side-Imaging, 360 Imaging, and MEGA Live must go into 50% and 70 % panes. They cannot go into 30% panes. This means that Chart, 2D, and DI are available for the 30% pane.
    30-70-spilt-screen-views

General Fixes:

CHART:

- Fixed an issue that could cause a chart syncing issue if a LakeMaster or CoastMaster card was inserted before boot-up.
    - Fixed an issue with SD card detection when removing a CoastMaster card and immediately- re-inserting it.
    - Fixed several issues with chart characters when the system language is set to French.
    - Fixed an issue where the user could no longer snap to waypoint clusters on the chart view.
    - Fixed an issue with the system automatically switching between GPS(1) and GPS(2).

NMEA 2000:

- Fixed an issue with NMEA 2000 engine data in the SOLIX sidebar

SONAR:

- Fixed an issue causing digital depth to not appear until the Factory Defaults were restored after updating from 3.900 to 3.970 or 3.980.
    - Fixed an issue where SOLIX G3 and APEX were calculating incorrect water temperatures.
    - Fixed several issues with Medium- CHIRP beams on APEX.
    - Fixed an issue with detecting temperature from multiple transducers on APEX.-
    - Fixed an issue where manually configured CHIRP ranges on Airmar transducers would not be remembered between restarts.
    - Fixed an issue changing from manual transducer configuration mode back to automatic transducer configuration mode.
    - Fixed an issue where the status bar on an APEX unit would incorrectly report that sonar was lost.
    - Fixed an issue with sonar data not appearing on the sonar views on SOLIX G3 and APEX if the unit was booted with manual transducer configuration turned on.
    - Fixed several issues with Display Modes, Isolate Sweep Areas, minimizing & normalizing panes, data presentation, and split-panes on MEGA 360 views.

SYSTEM:

- Fixed an issue with the Trip Log causing units to reboot into Recovery Mode and then factory reset.
    - Fixed an issue with the Fuel Tool when the system language is set to French.
    - Fixed an issue with Home Screen Time and Date on the SOLIX G1 and G2.

Software Prerequisites

You will need:

software version 3.500 or later (see note at top of this page)
    a working MMC/SD reader/writer device attached to your PC and
    a formatted 32GB or smaller Class 10 Micro SD with adapter or a MMC card
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Have you done this update?

I'm no guinea pig this time
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Roy, you are the ultimate reviewer . You tell it the way it is! �� Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I loaded the new SW on both my Solix 15 G2 and Solix 12 G2. Both went smoothly and took just over 20 minutes each. I always do a Restore Factory Settings before the update, perform the update, and then do another Restore Factory Settings.

I'll be on the water Friday and will check things out and report my findings.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    No down load for the Apex yet hope it's soon. Would have thought the Apex would have the latest software.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stosiak View Post
    No down load for the Apex yet hope it's soon. Would have thought the Apex would have the latest software.
    Yes, the Apex was there yesterday and I just checked on my phone and it's still there. All 3 Apex sizes are listed at 4.020. if you still aren't seeing it in your browser, clear the browser cache. I had a similar issue a while back where I was seeing "stale" data.

7. Member
    Yes the unit is there but you scroll down and can't pick "download" it is not there yet.

8. Member
    Yes the unit is there but you scroll down and can't pick "download" it is not there yet.
    What software version is your apex, appears to already have fixes for the Apex units, hope that's not a bad sign

9. Member
    I can't remember what exact # but it was 3.900. So I was surprised not to see 4.020. I'll have to update as soon as it is available as mega live is on order.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    It looks like the link is not active for some reason. I would use the FishSmart app to get a call back from Humminbird to let them know... Or chat using a browser. They may not be aware.

11. Member
    I just talk to them it may take up to 2 weeks for the new update.

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I loaded the new SW on both my Solix 15 G2 and Solix 12 G2. Both went smoothly and took just over 20 minutes each. I always do a Restore Factory Settings before the update, perform the update, and then do another Restore Factory Settings.

I'll be on the water Friday and will check things out and report my findings.
    I've done the initial checkout on both of my Solix G2 units and everything seems to be working as it should. I've also taken a quick look at some of the issues I had been having with 3.980 but the only thing that appears to be fixed is the ability to play back Sonar Recordings and get Mega 360 playback without having to have the Mega 360 on and in the water. Before I had to have the Mega 360 in the water and cycle the sonar pinging on and off to get it to play back the Mega 360 imaging on Sonar Recordings.

It definitely hasn't fixed the Water Column Sensitivity issue with bottom returns being jagged (for negative settings) or having an extremely bright return (for positive settings). I had really hoped this would be an undocumented fix... but it isn't.

On the positive side, the new 30/70 split is awesome and will come in really handy on the Mega 360 views. Before, there was a lot of wasted screen space on each side when viewing Mega 360 in "full 360" mode. The 30/70 split doesn't really work for the "front" mode though... Full screen is still the best option for that. I've attached 4 images of the full screen views and the 30/70 views sharing the Mega 360 with the chart in both "Front" view and "Full 360" view modes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wonder if they fixed the fact that you can't save the heading offset
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Wonder if they fixed the fact that you can't save the heading offset
    I don't think I have had an issue with this in the past. I set mine at -2 but haven't gone back to make sure it is still there. Will do that next time I boot up though.

15. Member
    Anybody know if there are other enhancements with this version not listed in the release notes? I updated my Solix G3 with 3.980 a month ago and saw improved imaging results but I didn't see this specific improvement mentioned in the 3.980 release notes.

16. Member
    From my experience, software improvements from previous releases are carried forward into future releases. SW doesn’t generally regress, unless one of the new fixes breaks something else, which is always possible.

I just talk to them it may take up to 2 weeks for the new update.
    Just downloaded 4.020 for the APEX. Same file size as the G3 SOLIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Just downloaded 4.020 for the APEX. Same file size as the G3 SOLIX.
    So you think the G3 SOLIX update will work with the APEX?

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    So you think the G3 SOLIX update will work with the APEX?
    Looks like the Apex links are now working. Was just able to start a download from my phone.

20. Member
    Thanks Steve will try and update.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast