Watts Bar mid October

Our small club, 12 boats is fishing Watts Bar the week of Oct. 11. Never been there in the fall, but have fished there in the spring. Any tips on what they might be doing at that time? We are staying near Whites Creek. Thanks much.

2. Member
    It has been very tough of late. Cooler nights are helping. Fish should be moving into creeks following bait. Shallow cranks and top water. The grass is doing well in areas too.
    Born to fish, forced to work.

3. Member
    Fished Watts Bar Tues-Fri last week in our Missouri bass club year end tourney. Absolutely gorgeous lake with all kinds of cover: grass, lay downs, docks, humps, rock etc. very tough fishing though, water was 74 deg and very little current. Caught several short fish each day, but keepers were hard to find. Weighed in 4 small keepers and felt darn good about it. Fished in area from Whites creek up to King Creek and mainly on main river stuff. Caught my keepers flipping a green pumpkin/red zoom z-craw or a fluke on isolated grass patches in 6-8 ft. A lot of small baitfish on main lake, very little in creeks. Btw White Creek grass flats look awesome, but couldn’t find many fish there yet. Again, very beautiful lake, and I’ve fished all on the Tennessee River.

4. Member
    All the TN river lakes are tough this time of year but Watts bar is a tough nut to crack no matter the time of year. As you saw there are infinite different types of structure to fish as well as an absolute ton of baitfish that makes finding tough tough tough.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoStratos View Post
    Fished Watts Bar Tues-Fri last week in our Missouri bass club year end tourney. Absolutely gorgeous lake with all kinds of cover: grass, lay downs, docks, humps, rock etc. very tough fishing though, water was 74 deg and very little current. Caught several short fish each day, but keepers were hard to find. Weighed in 4 small keepers and felt darn good about it. Fished in area from Whites creek up to King Creek and mainly on main river stuff. Caught my keepers flipping a green pumpkin/red zoom z-craw or a fluke on isolated grass patches in 6-8 ft. A lot of small baitfish on main lake, very little in creeks. Btw White Creek grass flats look awesome, but couldn’t find many fish there yet. Again, very beautiful lake, and I’ve fished all on the Tennessee River.
    Glad you made it here and back safely. I see from your info that you are from Rush Limbaugh country, may he rest in peace.

6. Member
    Go to church with all Rush’s family, they are all good,generous people. I played football in college with his cousin, so got to know him a little. Btw, both west and East Tennessee have beautif Waters, we don’t have much in this part of Missouri.