Erik L.

ActiveTarget Transducer Damage???

I noticed my images weren't as clear recently, and I couldn't figure out why. I think I may have found the problem, but would love some insight from those more knowledgeable than myself.

I moved the ducer around a bit and played with settings, and then I noticed this tiny bit of what appears to be damage on my transducer. Do y'all think this is enough to significantly effect performance? I feel like it will only look out clearly for about 1/2 to 2/3 of the range setting I put it in. It was working pretty good at one point, and I was starting to love it...but now...I'm fearing I've jacked it up.

I don't know when or how it happened, but I do recall not too long ago pulling up my Ghost and it not rotating the way it normally does, and the ducer ended up coming down on the TM mount.

Any thoughts, and or suggestions on how to get it fixed would be appreciated. Lowrance can be tough to get a hold of, so not sure if they have a repair department, or if I'll just need to suck it up and buy a new ducer.

Thanks in advance, see pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.lds.org
    Wishin' I was Fishin'

2. Erik L.
    So, here's what I'm talking about. Contrast is at 100% for effect. Scout and Down modes - the full screen is lit up. Forward mode - and you can see the distinct line of view stopping.

Any ideas on what's going on or how to fix this would be appreciated.
    www.lds.org
    Wishin' I was Fishin'

3. Member
    Your transducer angle may need adjustment. Try tilting it up slightly.

4. Erik L.
    I had a buddy recommend I turn off my Stable View...seems to have fixed it. I did some research and it appears I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'll know for sure once I get back out on the water.
    Last edited by gnfsnva; 09-26-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    www.lds.org
    Wishin' I was Fishin'

Nothing looks outa whack to me other than your angle on Forward. Get it on the water and repost some pics