Power button/ control panel won’t come on

As title - hadn’t used boat in couple months and went out last Friday - couldn’t get main power button to come on . Called the dealer as yam sho trim leaks down as well and I’m sure he ll fix it. But I talked to another guy with cx 20 whose did same thing then started working again on its on but has done it a couple of times - anyone else experience this?

2. Member
    Look under the dash for a fuse holder labeled "PADS 3 AMPS", see if that fuse if blown. If not, it's probably a bad panel.

3. Member
    thanks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdz1 View Post
    Look under the dash for a fuse holder labeled "PADS 3 AMPS", see if that fuse if blown. If not, it's probably a bad panel.
    This +1

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdz1 View Post
    My boat came from the factory/dealer with the bow graph wired to the same “pads 3 amp” fuse instead of the clean power. When that fuse blew during a tournament, I lost bow graph power and live wells/button panel... check your wiring to see if there’s anything extra wired to that 3 amp PADS fuse circuit that might cause fuse to pop. I found it the hard way....

6. Member
    The p.a.d.s fuse is powered through the blue sea bus bar next to the graph clean power bus bar from caymas plant. 4 -18ga wires run up to the bow, only through graph clean power buss bar. Only fuses that could blow, would be 3 to 5 amp at graph connections at bow. Even if the p.a.d.s fuse blew, it wouldn't affect the bow or dash graphs. The p.a.d.s fuse shouldn't be wired either way to clean power buss bar. The P.a.d.s fuse controls the side panel. Dealer may have run wiring and connections if caymas didnt install at plant.
    Last edited by billproxs; 09-29-2021 at 12:07 AM.

7. Member
    I went out yesterday and it worked fine- don’t know if dealer replaced fuse or not but it was ok when I checked it- he’s got key to my boat shed and comes and goes as he has time but I got a feeling he hadn’t been to it. Yesterday bow graph was turning itself on and off and at times screen was going bezerk. My friend is having exact same issue from his cx20 - control panel and graphs doing same. We ll get it worked out though - I’m sure

8. Member
    Something Ive seen also happening is the connections at the graph clean power buss bar have been lose from the plant, causing sonars to act crazy back and forth.Ive had to tighten all the screws to fix.
    Also have seen the 90amp breaker in battery cranking side compartment, mounted on starboard wall, trip on and off causing issues with power to graphs and side control panel. Breaker had to be replaced.You can even stand by the boat and hear a clicking nose every now and then. Very hard to hear though.
    Hope this helps.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    The p.a.d.s fuse is powered through the blue sea bus bar next to the graph clean power bus bar from caymas plant. 4 -18ga wires run up to the bow, only through graph clean power buss bar. Only fuses that could blow, would be 3 to 5 amp at graph connections at bow. Even if the p.a.d.s fuse blew, it wouldn't affect the bow or dash graphs. The p.a.d.s fuse shouldn't be wired either way to clean power buss bar. The P.a.d.s fuse controls the side panel. Dealer may have run wiring and connections if caymas didnt install at plant.
    Yes, it was not Caymas plant’s fault. My dealer upgraded bow graph for me to a HDS 16 flush... they accidentally used the wrong wires. I switched bow graph to one of the clean power sets and installed a 3 amp inline fuse under the console so if it pops, I don’t have to pull up the bow shroud to swap it.

10. Member

11. Member
    My dealer installed all of my graphs (2 -12" on bow and 2 - 9" at console) wiring directly to clean power bus bar. I later installed a 125ah lithium house battery, removed the jumper wire (see red/white wire in photo) that connected the clean power to the crank battery and wired the house battery to that point. So all of my graphs and Active Target are running isolated on the house battery. So far, no glitches and everything runs very clean. I did this because I had interference from the crank battery on my last two Rangers. Only downside is it takes a while to recharge that lithium. Quite a bit longer than the 3 100ah lithiums for trolling motor.
    IMG_5707.jpg