Three Mile Bay launch ramp on Rt 12E

I am looking at a property on Three Mile Bay, and this ramp would be the closest thing to me apart to going down to Chaumont ramp about 2 miles down the road.
    I was looking at the yellow house next to the ramp 3 yrs go, and it did not seem like a good fit for a 21' bass rig, though there were couple of tandem axles in parking lot.

I may take the 3 hrs drive if we get tight with the deal, but I am doing some recon scouting ahead of it hoping to get some good info from experience people here.
    Thank you to everyone afore hand with any good intel.

Frank

2. Member
    There’s another up the road on 57 that’s on the lake side, I think it’s called eastern waterway access on the map and that’s a nice launch and short drive. I haven’t used the 3 mile one but the chaumont launch is pretty rough

3. Member
    Jake,
    I am thinking about fishing Chaumont bay, so the lakeside would be fine for Fox/Mud bay area, or a long ride around the horn especially if it is rough on the lake.
    Are you talking about the public ramp or the marina at Chaumont being rough? Thanks

4. Member
    The public one at chaumont was pretty rough last time I was there, monster potholes, park in a field. That's the only one I've used

5. Member
    Jake,
    I know the 1 your are talking about, but I think the marina at the mouth of the river on Circle Rd seems in good conditions. I am sure they may have a yr pass deal, and I will look into it if the deal gets tight. Thanks

6. Member
    Yes .. that parking and driveway need some good TLC …. With the amount of tournament out of that place ..
    won’t take a lot to fix what they have .. was the month ago .. water level was down 2 ft little hard to launch
    but .. we got it done

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. Member
    Murph,
    are you talking about Chaumont launch? or Three Mile Bay launch off 12E? , which is a small asphalt lot next to the main road. Three mile bay is a concrete launch with a small dock next to it, but no other docks to tie up to while moving the truck. I have had issues with people being in a hurry complaining that you were in the way.

8. Member
    I want to thank everybody for the info, but they will not accept my offer, so moving on. I guess the airbnb crap must have a lot of people believing that they can get 50K over what things are worth.

9. Member
    Cant float a 20 ft. bass boat off a dual axle trailer at the 3 mile bay launch. Not with the water level 2 weeks ago anyway. Too bad bc that is a great little launch site.