Yanked my Brake cable.

I have a 2007 521 with a tandem trailer. When I unhooked my boat I didn’t see that the cable was wrapped around my hitch and when I pulled away it gave the cable a good yank. It now stickers out several more inches but the brakes do not seem to be on since I can still roll the trailer by hand.

I did some searches and found stuff but seem to be about different setups. I do not see and lever to flip back like everyone talks about.

2. Member
    You likely have a UFP A60 on that trailer. Check out this short video, it does a good job of showing the lever underneath to push up to release safety brake. It also shows how to using a screw driver as an alternative method.

2006 Ranger 520VX HPDI 225
    HDS Gen3 12 on console & bow
    Dual 8' PP Blades

3. Member
    Is there a way to add the little breakaway clip/washer back on there? Seems more like a indicator than anything. Maybe just tighten a zip tie tightened down on cable to act as the new indicator and hold the cable to the normal length? Or cut a slot out of a washer and crimp it down on the cable? Gotta be a good way to do this.
    Last edited by Paintworx; 09-22-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

6. Member
    Thank You!

7. Member
    After further investigation I found out that my trailer has TieDown Engineering actuator. It’s a bit different and from what I have found online it looks like mine did not get locked up so no need to do anything. The cable is about 4” longer than it was before and I can’t quite figure out why. Maybe it had a retainer clip like the UFP. Everything seems ok so I don’t think I’m gonna sweat it.

8. Member
    My trailer owners manual has a spare clip taped to the page that discusses the brake actuator.