Thread: RIO

RIO

Not sure this was the smartest purchase but bought some RIO today. Not much but with the big fall and the 11% yield a 5 p/e I figured it was worth a little bit of a gamble. It will probably either tank or rise based on what happens with China's real estate market. If it tanks I may just throw the dividend on reinvest pick up a few more shares and ride the volatile commodity cycle. I normally hate stocks with this cyclicality but don't have much in the materials mining sector.

2. Member
    Looks interesting. I need to study this company.

3. Member
    That Dividend is really high so I would be worried of it getting cut and then the stock tanks. I think Iron Ore prices are in the tank right now so that’s not good.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    That Dividend is really high so I would be worried of it getting cut and then the stock tanks. I think Iron Ore prices are in the tank right now so that’s not good.
    It may definitely move lower but it fell from around 87 or so which is one reason the dividend is so high. I definitely wouldn't back the truck up on it for sure. The dividend yield is also a bit misleading because they paid a special dividend in August which they may not do next year.