Thread: ZX200 Opinions

ZX200 Opinions

SkeeterHead's,

Going to be ordering new sometime this winter and really considering a ZX200. I've owned several 21 foot rigs and I know its hard to beat overall length for rough water, but I need something to fit in my garage (24'). Not really a big tx guy anymore though I'll fish a few. Not a big speed guy as I usually have my daughter(s) or wife with me. Just general questions about the boats storage set up, livewells, front deck fishability with 2 ppl up there, etc. I will rig my own electronics and wonder if it can be ordered with just a motor, cranking battery and trolling motor. I'm assuming mid 60s with a 200 and a decent ride for a 19ft'er...seams to be nice and heavy which I like. Is an aluminum trailer an option from Skeeter?

Any likes and dislikes or things to avoid on these boats?

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    With a 24 foot garage you can fit a ZX225, I was in the same situation upgrading from my ZX190. Might want to compare both and make a decision, overall they are both older models at this point and if a ZXR 20 would have fit in my garage I would have gone that route instead.

3. Member
    I have one of the '17 models. It's great for what I needed. The biggest thing I don't like about it is the trailer it came with. This is before Skeeter started making their own, but haven't heard good things about the new ones either. I don't particularly enjoy that there's not a step up to the deck or a trash can, but I believe they fixed that with the newer models. Someone may correct me on that. It rides great for the size. It does tend to like to nose up on waves, I more prefer to cut through them so I have to trim down a bit. When I initially broke it in, when I could open up I got up to 70mph with nothing in it. But a regular tournament load it will run about 63-67 depending on who is in the boat with me and if I have the live well full. They aren't priced very well these days, but the boat itself is solid and does what it's supposed to.

4. Member
    I’ve heard the trailers are not all that good…can’t be worse than the old bullet trailers ��. I’ve seen the prices at the dealers, yikes. But, I guess they’ll charge what ppl are willing to pay.

How is the rear compartment set up, how easy is it to access things that break (pumps). I assume there is plenty of room for batts, pp pumps, etc.

5. Member
    I have a 24 foot garage and I have a ZXR20 in it straight not at an angle at all. I have owned both a ZXR20 and ZX200, the front deck is way bigger on the ZXR20. I didn’t like always having rods under my feet with the ZX200. The ZXR200 does ride well for its size but the ZXR20 lands really soft in the bigger waves.

6. Member
    I have a '20 model. I love it. Great riding boat, very stable fishing platform, plenty of storage. It's a 66-70 mph boat depending on setup..You won't be disappointed with a ZX200.

7. Member
    I had a 2018 and liked it. I only have a 20'2" garage and it fit at an angle with motor down and one power pole. A 24' garage should be no problem. You can't order the boat without electronics but you can work with the dealer to change things out and get credits. Note, it won't come with an Ultrex but you can swap from dealer. Mine would run 67 tops. The front deck is a little tight unless you remove the seat and if you stack the electronics but you can fish with two people. No aluminum trailer but the standard trailer is good. Unless Skeeter really raised the prices for 2022 that boat with standard options should be less than $50,000 and if you wait until the spring you will get a rebate and extra warranty.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

I was looking at them also, ZX200 is 24volt vs ZX 225 at 36 volts. I fish mostly the St. Lawrence so for me more electric is key.