Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Religious exemptions/vaccine mandate

I've noticed that Biden's proposed vaccine mandate has caused some rift between clergy, specifically for the religious exemption. There's a local minister that offered exemption paperwork to anyone who requests it. Others are speaking out in favor of the mandate saying it's the right thing to do from a Christian standpoint. I tend to come down on the side of free choice but I've heard convincing arguments both ways. What are your thoughts?

Dozer, if this is too close to a political post I'll understand if it needs to be deleted.
    Last edited by HoustonG; 09-22-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    Full blood Nikonian

2. Banned
    If you want it get it, if you don't no one should force or mandate you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    If you want it get it, if you don't no one should force or mandate you to.
    +1
    I BELIEVE!!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    I've noticed that Biden's proposed vaccine mandate has caused some rift between clergy, specifically for the religious exemption. There's a local minister that offered exemption paperwork to anyone who requests it. Others are speaking out in favor of the mandate saying it's the right thing to do from a Christian standpoint. I tend to come down on the side of free choice but I've heard convincing arguments both ways. What are your thoughts?

Dozer, if this is too close to a political post I'll understand if it needs to be deleted.

Its all good, just keep the answers in a "faith"/"religouse" perspective and not about biden or trump and such.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Its all good, just keep the answers in a "faith"/"religouse" perspective and not about biden or trump and such.
    Full blood Nikonian

6. Member
    What's interesting to me is the reversal of roles we're seeing. A lot of the "my body my choice" types are suddenly supporting mandatory vaccines against the will of the individual. Meanwhile many who are pro life are suddenly prioritizing their right to choose over the possibility that it could lead to unnecessary loss of life. It's quite the conundrum.
    Full blood Nikonian

The simple version is, for the vaccine, your body your choice. For the abortion, babies body, not your choice.
    Actually, it can be seen as the same roles, not a reversal. Pro choice will/may kill you in either case. Pro life will/may save you in either case.

PS- start a new thread if you want to get in depth about abortions because it would totally sidetrack this one.
    Last edited by GPtimes2; 09-23-2021 at 05:27 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post
    The simple version is, for the vaccine, your body your choice. For the abortion, babies body, not your choice.
    Actually, it can be seen as the same roles, not a reversal. Pro choice will/may kill you in either case. Pro life will/may save you in either case.

PS- start a new thread if you want to get in depth about abortions because it would totally sidetrack this one.
    I didn't start a thread about abortion, nor is it the topic of the thread. You said abortion so you're the one sidetracked.

I'm not following your logic. Are you saying if I choose to get vaccinated, it will/may kill me? Are you saying a pro life person will or will not choose vaccination?

I feel like your response is fixated on another topic.
    Full blood Nikonian

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    I didn't start a thread about abortion, nor is it the topic of the thread. You said abortion so you're the one sidetracked.

I'm not following your logic. Are you saying if I choose to get vaccinated, it will/may kill me? Are you saying a pro life person will or will not choose vaccination?

I feel like your response is fixated on another topic.
    You brought up "my body, my choice" and pro life. If that ain't about abortion, what is it about?
    The will/may is- An abortion will kill you, a vaccine may kill you. Not getting an abortion will save you, Not getting a vaccine may save you.

By saying start a new thread, I wasn't trying to blame us for sidetracking this one. I was saying abortion is a deep subject worthy of it's own thread.
    Last edited by GPtimes2; 09-23-2021 at 06:06 AM.

10. Member
    I think your a little wacky. You brought up "my body, my choice" and pro life. If that ain't about abortion, what is it about?
    I brought up those things in reference to how both sides are contradicting themselves when it comes to vaccine mandates. It's a comparison, not a discussion of abortion. I'll explain. Some who are pro choice suddenly don't want others to have a choice on whether or not they get vaccinated. On the other side, many pro life people, those who say every human life should be protected, want to be able to choose to not get vaccinated even though that choice could potentially cause spread of the virus and lead to prevenatble deaths.

It actually is a case of prochoice not promoting choice, and pro life not prioritizing life.

Understand now? Or is it still "wacky" to you?
    Full blood Nikonian

11. Member
    You brought up "my body, my choice" and pro life. If that ain't about abortion, what is it about?
    The will/may is- An abortion will kill you, a vaccine may kill you. Not getting an abortion will save you, Not getting a vaccine may save you.

By saying start a new thread, I wasn't trying to blame us for sidetracking this one. I was saying abortion is a deep subject worthy of it's own thread.
    gotcha...now I see your logic..
    Full blood Nikonian

I apologise for saying wacky. I tried to edit it that out. But you was faster than me. I should review and give more thought to what I am saying before clicking post.

13. Member
    No problem, I've been called worse.
    Full blood Nikonian

14. Member
    Jesus made it very simple for us by bundling the commandments into 2 very simple ones.

"Love the Lord thy GOD with all the heart, with all thy mind, with all thy strength and all thy soul. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbors as thyself."

Perhaps you may like to ask this so called minister how exposing yourself, your loved ones, your neighbors, or people that may come into contact with you to a proved deadly virus to many, when you can stop it by a safe vaccine, applies to the second commandment. BTW, I have been vaccinated for the past 6 months, and I have grown no third parts of anything on my body, or is the 5G on my phone controlling my mind, nor have a desire to become a Marxist.
    My self as well as many members of my family have stood for freedom with our lives, so I do strongly believe in personal freedom as well as the freedom of those that have obtained it by others blood.
    Please do not take it personal, but this is my opinion.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Jesus made it very simple for us by bundling the commandments into 2 very simple ones.

"Love the Lord thy GOD with all the heart, with all thy mind, with all thy strength and all thy soul. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbors as thyself."

Perhaps you may like to ask this so called minister how exposing yourself, your loved ones, your neighbors, or people that may come into contact with you to a proved deadly virus to many, when you can stop it by a safe vaccine, applies to the second commandment. BTW, I have been vaccinated for the past 6 months, and I have grown no third parts of anything on my body, or is the 5G on my phone controlling my mind, nor have a desire to become a Marxist.
    My self as well as many members of my family have stood for freedom with our lives, so I do strongly believe in personal freedom as well as the freedom of those that have obtained it by others blood.
    Good point, I would be curious as to how he (and many others) arrived at a conclusion that makes them so adamantly anti-vax from a scriptural standpoint. Like you, I support individual liberties and freedom. My initial response to a proposed mandate was that I didn't like it. When I really think about it maybe the saddest part is that a mandate should even be necessary. I understand there needs to be exemptions for health conditions, but I don't get the resistance based on religious beliefs. My guess is that it's still mostly the political divide causing the resistance.

I was vaccinated back in March. My wife held off until last month. My daughter had covid in august of 2020 and unknowingly passed it to my 82 year old mother. My son and daughter in law didn't get vaccinated. My daughter in law and both grandkids had covid last month. Thankfully they all had fairly mild cases and nobody needed hospitalization.

Neither I nor my wife had any side effects from the vaccine....our chips were successfully installed
    Full blood Nikonian

16. Member
    For me personally, It has nothing to do with "my faith". I have been blessed for 57 years of never being sick. The one time I got talked into getting the flu shot in 2007 I got the flu that year. I would wake up, go to my job and get on the dozer but after about 3 or 4 hours just felt horrible, went home and layed around, same thing for about 4 days straight, go to work for a few hours and just felt terrible. I dont get the squirts, I dont have stomache aches, I dont get colds ect. is it genes ? is it God ? is it both ? is it neither ? I'll stick with the Sovereignty of God and let what happens, happen.

I may get the Covid, I may die from it, I may have a mild case, either way...................I am good.

I am NOT ANTI VACCINE ...........................

I try to base my world/ life on Logic, for those who want to get vaccinated..........GREAT ! if the vaccine is effective you should have no fear from me , one of the "not vaccinated".

There is one thing for sure............................... I will not allow anyone to mandate what "goes into my body"

17. Member
    Houston,
    you nailed it that it is sad that a mandate should even be necessary, and the only health exemptions should be for people that knowingly have excessive reaction to the vaccine compound, which according to my nephew, a Dr at the U of R, can be mitigated in a controlled environment like a hospital.

You are very blessed that your family did not need to be hospitalize, especially you mother, since the mortality rate in that age group is been devastating. Many people have resistance based on the speed the vaccine was produced, however, if they would take the time to learn about SARS in 2002 and 2012 incidents, they would understand that typology between them are strong, so the bases for the vaccine has existed for over 20 yrs.
    It is sad to see the political and cultural divide of current days, yet even that is nothing new as long as we as a people allow it to foster, and just like you, I do not want this to be turned into a political statement.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post

Getting the shot doesn't help with that at all, you can still get it and spread it after you have had the shot. In fact you are more likely to be asymptomatic and give it to someone else if you have had the shot, the number of Covid cases compared to the amount of people who have had the shot compared to a few months ago is proof of that. The only person getting the shot affects is yourself, I would rather not take a shot that has been out for less than a year and we have no Idea what the long term affects are. Not to mention the complications people are already having from it.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    Getting the shot doesn't help with that at all, you can still get it and spread it after you have had the shot. In fact you are more likely to be asymptomatic and give it to someone else if you have had the shot, the number of Covid cases compared to the amount of people who have had the shot compared to a few months ago is proof of that. The only person getting the shot affects is yourself, I would rather not take a shot that has been out for less than a year and we have no Idea what the long term affects are. Not to mention the complications people are already having from it.

Ah, Logic................................. good post !

Anybody who won't get it is a moron in my opinion. their reluctance is causing us all to continue to contend with restrictions, needless deaths, and more grief. Its time for the whining crybabies to man up and do whats right for the country and quit their selfish whining. Amen
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast