Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Anybody who won't get it is a moron in my opinion. their reluctance is causing us all to continue to contend with restrictions, needless deaths, and more grief. Its time for the whining crybabies to man up and do whats right for the country and quit their selfish whining. Amen
    Nope it's people who are willing to let the government overstep their boundaries and impose their will on them that is the problem.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Anybody who won't get it is a moron in my opinion. their reluctance is causing us all to continue to contend with restrictions, needless deaths, and more grief. Its time for the whining crybabies to man up and do whats right for the country and quit their selfish whining. Amen
    1. I can promise I am not a moron, "I wish I was smarter though", still working on it day by day. " Your opinion " to me is like your post............. a "meaningless" rant.

2. Only your State officials can "demand/ put in place" restrictions..........................voting matters " have you contacted Gretchen?" I have contacted my governor many times in the last few years.

3. needless death ?........... just get vaccinated, supposedly , you wont die then ?

4. more grief ? can you define what you mean ? Are your state and federal officials causing grief ?

5. "whining cry babies" .................. did you read what you posted ? Man up ?

You may need to read history ..............................

Logic matters :)

3. Member
    I understand hesitancy based on how quickly the vaccine was developed, but I have my doubts if that's really the reason for many. I have family, friends, and coworkers rejecting the vaccine who say it's because they don't trust it. What they all have in common is that they will all go to their doctors and take any prescribed medication without hesitancy. They don't research the clinical trials, they don't research side effects, and they have no idea what the ingredients are. If their Dr. prescribes it, they take it, no questions asked. But THIS vaccine scares them. NOW they're super cautious.

Before I decided to get the vaccine I did lots of late night research online desperately seeking sources that didn't have a political bias. That was hard in itself, but I read enough to put me at ease about the risks. One thing I learned a long time ago was that this subject is so politically polarized that you can literally find data to support any argument on either side.

These are the arguments against the vaccine I hear most often, followed by my response.

1. The breakthrough cases prove the vaccine doesn't work!

No, it just proves no vaccine isn't 100% effective. People die in car wrecks when they're wearing seatbelts, will you stop using yours since it's not 100%? Same goes for motorcycles and helmets. Many people who exercise and eat healthy die of heart disease, so will you just start eating Mcdonalds every meal and stop exercising since it's not 100% guranteed. Yes, there are lots of breakthrough cases, but stats show the vaccine is highly effective at reducing severity and death. that's worth it to me.

2. We don't know what the long term effects of the vaccine could be!

What about the unknown long term effects of having Covid? I personally know people with lasting effects. A coworker who had Covid last December still has no taste or smell. Another coworker who had covid last fall still has a nagging cough. A family friend who had Covid in July of 2020 has what appears to be permanent reduced lung capacity. With nearly 200 million doses given in the U.S. the number of deaths after vaccine is about 6,000, and the majority of those were unrelated (car wrecks, pre existing health condition) but had to be reported per CDC guidelines.

3. A mandate is government overreach!

I agree it is, but I also remember having to show vaccination cards to enroll my kids in school when they were little and nobody had a problem with it. Many "anti-covid vaccine" people are the same people who got angry at anti vaxxer moms and chastised them for the resurgence of things like measles and chicken pox. I never heard the same outrage over mandatory seatbelt laws, and not wearing a seatbelt isn't going to potentially kill other people! go figure.

4. We don't know what's in the vaccine!

What? I can't understand you while you're crunching on that processed snack from a bag with an ingredient list 2 paragraphs long containing words I can't pronounce. lol

That's my 2.5 cents worth, but I don't think anyone's a moron or a crybaby who disagrees.
    Last edited by HoustonG; 09-24-2021 at 06:18 AM.
    Full blood Nikonian

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    For me personally, It has nothing to do with "my faith". I have been blessed for 57 years of never being sick. The one time I got talked into getting the flu shot in 2007 I got the flu that year. I would wake up, go to my job and get on the dozer but after about 3 or 4 hours just felt horrible, went home and layed around, same thing for about 4 days straight, go to work for a few hours and just felt terrible. I dont get the squirts, I dont have stomache aches, I dont get colds ect. is it genes ? is it God ? is it both ? is it neither ? I'll stick with the Sovereignty of God and let what happens, happen.

I may get the Covid, I may die from it, I may have a mild case, either way...................I am good.

I am NOT ANTI VACCINE ...........................

I try to base my world/ life on Logic, for those who want to get vaccinated..........GREAT ! if the vaccine is effective you should have no fear from me , one of the "not vaccinated".

There is one thing for sure............................... I will not allow anyone to mandate what "goes into my body"
    You sound like my wife,lol. Her reason for not getting the covid vaccine was because she said the flu shot made her sick years ago. She ended up taking it in August, but only because her mom is battling cancer and she's living with us while going through treatments.

I'm kinda like you, I've never been really sick. I'll get a cold once a year and have seasonal allergies but I've never been hospitalized and never so much as broke a bone. I've taken the flu shot yearly for the past 25 years or so, never got sick from it or had the flu (knock on wood).
    Full blood Nikonian

5. Member
    Houston, I may sound like her but I am much prettier ! HaHa

For me, I do not visit a dr. and take whatever he or she prescribes....................period. I study everything in depth.

When I was young, I broke my right arm twice, one time I ran straight into a tree the other time I fell off of a swing, got ran over by a car and it broke my leg (while in the body cast I got the chicken pox, that was no fun) , I had a new disease called Leg Perthese (my spelling may not be right) , wasn't sure If I would ever walk again.

As to the small pox , polio ect vaccines we got when we were young....................

1. Those work, period, I personally dont know of any break through cases ( I am sure there may be a few)

2. I was a child and did not have the ability to make a choice, it was my parents choice.

Politically motivated ? I think that statement is crazyy......................Trump (not him, but while his administration was in office) got the vaccines developed. He took it , he told everyone to get it , I think a few people from the other party said something along the lines of "if trump makes a vaccine , Ill never take it" . Does the news try to make it political ? yes, is it political ? NO .

Seatbelt ? I wear a seat belt because I worked at my uncles funeral home in Austin, Tx for a couple of years. I have picked up so many bodies from babies to adults that were in violent car wrecks.............I wont describe what I have seen...........but many of those bodies could not be embalmed in a traditional sense. Do seat belts work.................yes , are there cases they do not, yes. I don't see the connection between vaccines and seatbelts unless you have a seat belt that goes into your body ?

Government overreach .................... you made a statement above that the unvaccinated can "potentially kill other people" ? As America gives up its freedoms to overreach let me ask you this ............you drive a car each day that can "potentially" kill other people, do you want the government to determine if you can drive that "potential" killer car ? My father liked to deer hunt, a rifle has the "potential" to kill someone, do you want the government to determine if you can hunt ? why not just use a trap, or a sling shot ? oh wait, those are "potential" killers too :)

From what I am reading and what I see on the Nightly news......................the vaccinated "can" spread the covid too

6. Member
    I think the messaging from our government both trump admin and biden admin have been a almost total failure regarding the Covid / vaccine stuff. The messaging has changed and changed some more and changed and changed more, its just been a total fiasco. In my opinion that is where a lot of the fear of the Covid and the vaccines have come from.

7. Member
    Houston, I may sound like her but I am much prettier ! HaHa

For me, I do not visit a dr. and take whatever he or she prescribes....................period. I study everything in depth.

When I was young, I broke my right arm twice, one time I ran straight into a tree the other time I fell off of a swing, got ran over by a car and it broke my leg (while in the body cast I got the chicken pox, that was no fun) , I had a new disease called Leg Perthese (my spelling may not be right) , wasn't sure If I would ever walk again.

As to the small pox , polio ect vaccines we got when we were young....................

1. Those work, period, I personally dont know of any break through cases ( I am sure there may be a few)

2. I was a child and did not have the ability to make a choice, it was my parents choice.

Politically motivated ? I think that statement is crazyy......................Trump (not him, but while his administration was in office) got the vaccines developed. He took it , he told everyone to get it , I think a few people from the other party said something along the lines of "if trump makes a vaccine , Ill never take it" . Does the news try to make it political ? yes, is it political ? NO .

Seatbelt ? I wear a seat belt because I worked at my uncles funeral home in Austin, Tx for a couple of years. I have picked up so many bodies from babies to adults that were in violent car wrecks.............I wont describe what I have seen...........but many of those bodies could not be embalmed in a traditional sense. Do seat belts work.................yes , are there cases they do not, yes. I don't see the connection between vaccines and seatbelts unless you have a seat belt that goes into your body ?

Government overreach .................... you made a statement above that the unvaccinated can "potentially kill other people" ? As America gives up its freedoms to overreach let me ask you this ............you drive a car each day that can "potentially" kill other people, do you want the government to determine if you can drive that "potential" killer car ? My father liked to deer hunt, a rifle has the "potential" to kill someone, do you want the government to determine if you can hunt ? why not just use a trap, or a sling shot ? oh wait, those are "potential" killers too :)

From what I am reading and what I see on the Nightly news......................the vaccinated "can" spread the covid too

So now I'm crazy? great! I've now been called wacky and crazy in the same week! and probably a few other things that didn't get typed on the keyboard,lol

I believe it's not political for you, it isn't for me either, but the large sampling of people I'm in contact with on a daily basis tells me that it's political for lots of people. I see left leaning blue people overwhelmingly in favor of the vaccine while the vast majority of red right leaners are against it. I don't think that's coincidence. I agree the news feeds that, but I also see many people drinking that koolaid. Imagine going to a cancer treatment facility and seeing political affiliation determine the treatments people accept.

The connection between seatbelts and the covid vaccine is that people wear seatbelts without criticizing the fact they aren't 100% effective. I have had more than a few people tell me they won't get the vaccine because breakthrough cases prove it's not 100%. In one instance they logically go with the odds, in the other they make the illogical decision to go against the odds. I know it's different because it doesn't enter your body, but that's not the objection they make. They're saying they won't take it because it's not 100% effective, get it now?

You think seatbelts and vaccine resistance have no connection but now you use cars and guns?

Let's make it a fair comparison. What if your fathers deer rifle had the ability to leave the house unbeknowst to him and go shoot old people in bad health? What if cars could do the same? We do take precautions based on potential. We wear seatbelts because there's the potentil to be in an accident, we wear helmets for the same reason, etc.

When I see an overweight guy with a twinkie in one hand and a cigarette in the other proclaim he isn't about to "let them poke me with an experimental vaccine" it makes me thankful all this non-political reasoning wasn't around when the polio vaccine was developed. Otherwise we would still be building iron lungs.

p.s. You used the "T" and "B" words which makes your post political...don't make me tattle to the moderator!
    Last edited by HoustonG; 09-24-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    Full blood Nikonian

8. Member
    I think the messaging from our government both trump admin and biden admin have been a almost total failure regarding the Covid / vaccine stuff. The messaging has changed and changed some more and changed and changed more, its just been a total fiasco. In my opinion that is where a lot of the fear of the Covid and the vaccines have come from.
    Man oh man that couldn't be more spot on!!

Like you mentioned earlier, one administration funded fast development of the vaccine while the opposing party told people to be afraid of it. Then when the party in power switched, the new adminstration wants to force the very vaccine they told people not to trust! AND.........now the people who supported the former president who oversaw the vaccine development ARE SAYING THEY DON'T TRUST THE VACCINE!! because now it's being promoted by the other party!!

And you say it's crazy to call it political?
    Full blood Nikonian

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    Man oh man that couldn't be more spot on!!

Like you mentioned earlier, one administration funded fast development of the vaccine while the opposing party told people to be afraid of it. Then when the party in power switched, the new adminstration wants to force the very vaccine they told people not to trust! AND.........now the people who supported the former president who oversaw the vaccine development ARE SAYING THEY DON'T TRUST THE VACCINE!! because now it's being promoted by the other party!!

And you say it's crazy to call it political?
    I didn't trust it no matter what political party supported it, and now that I have already had Covid I really don't need the shot since natural immunity has proven to be far more effective.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    I didn't trust it no matter what political party supported it, and now that I have already had Covid I really don't need the shot since natural immunity has proven to be far more effective.
    I'm curious, you obviously don't trust numerous reports offering evidence the vaccine is safe, yet you accept reports saying natural immunity is better?? How do you arrive at that conclusion?
    Full blood Nikonian

11. Banned
    I'm curious, you obviously don't trust numerous reports offering evidence the vaccine is safe, yet you accept reports saying natural immunity is better?? How do you arrive at that conclusion?
    First hand.

12. Member
    Getting the shot doesn't help with that at all, you can still get it and spread it after you have had the shot. In fact you are more likely to be asymptomatic and give it to someone else if you have had the shot, the number of Covid cases compared to the amount of people who have had the shot compared to a few months ago is proof of that. The only person getting the shot affects is yourself, I would rather not take a shot that has been out for less than a year and we have no Idea what the long term affects are. Not to mention the complications people are already having from it.
    Though there is some truth in your post, you missed the entire point being that if everyone was vaccinated you would not need to worry if you were asymptomatic or not. Second point, if you get sick after having the vaccine, the symptoms are minor Vs needing to be hospitalized with at worse death. Of the many people that I know that have been vaccinated, NO ONE with no allergies to the vaccine has had any issues, but I am sure that if you go on some internet site that is contrarian to the vaccine, they will show you a bunch of BS.

The vaccine that they are using, with a few improvements, was first utilized in 2002 for SARS, so it is more like 20 yrs old not 1 yr old. Further, most labs can run simulations light yrs ahead than when the first SARS issues of 2002.

13. Member
    First hand.
    Do you mind sharing what kind of first hand information you have?
    Full blood Nikonian

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Though there is some truth in your post, you missed the entire point being that if everyone was vaccinated you would not need to worry if you were asymptomatic or not. Second point, if you get sick after having the vaccine, the symptoms are minor Vs needing to be hospitalized with at worse death. Of the many people that I know that have been vaccinated, NO ONE with no allergies to the vaccine has had any issues, but I am sure that if you go on some internet site that is contrarian to the vaccine, they will show you a bunch of BS.

The vaccine that they are using, with a few improvements, was first utilized in 2002 for SARS, so it is more like 20 yrs old not 1 yr old. Further, most labs can run simulations light yrs ahead than when the first SARS issues of 2002.

Ah.....logic!

I've also read that RNA vaccines will be the future of vaccines due to the ability to manufacture them faster than the old way that requires harvesting and growing viruses in laboratories. Sounds like a bunch of people will never get another vaccine if that's the case.
    Full blood Nikonian

15. Member
    There isn't many things done in labs with petri dishes growing and waiting procedure, especially since mRNA can produce selective results quantifiably faster. Some people have suggested that it is cell tempering, since a molecule, mRNA tells the body cells what antigen to build, which is basically what your body immune system does, speeding up the immune system in fighting the infectious agent. mRNA vaccines for SARS pathogens do not alter any cell structure.
    BTW, there are studies at URMC trying to evaluate the longevity of natural immunity from C-19 vs mRNA vaccine from all 3 sources, which will be used to validate whether or not people that have contracted covid should be immunized for long term safety.

16. Banned
    Though there is some truth in your post, you missed the entire point being that if everyone was vaccinated you would not need to worry if you were asymptomatic or not.
    I don't worry about it either way, the main people who are worried about this are the people who have had the shot and they want to push others to get it. If you have so much faith that your shot will protect you then why worry about if other people get it or not?
    Second point, if you get sick after having the vaccine, the symptoms are minor Vs needing to be hospitalized with at worse death. Of the many people that I know that have been vaccinated, NO ONE with no allergies to the vaccine has had any issues, but I am sure that if you go on some internet site that is contrarian to the vaccine, they will show you a bunch of BS.
    I don't have the vaccine and my symptoms were very mild same goes for most people I know who have or have not gotten the shot. I also know people who had severe symptoms both with and without having the shot. Then there is people I know who have gotten sick, had to be hospitalized, and even had a stroke shortly after getting the shot.

Lab results and real world results are two different things, there is no way possible to tell how the shot will affect different people both long and short term, only time will tell.

17. Banned
    Do you mind sharing what kind of first hand information you have?
    I know plenty of people who got Covid after getting the shot, I don't know anyone who has had Covid twice.

18. Member
    I know plenty of people who got Covid after getting the shot, I don't know anyone who has had Covid twice.
    Gotcha. I thought you were talking about vaccine safety by saying you didn't trust it.
    Full blood Nikonian

19. Member
    Lab results and real world results are two different things, there is no way possible to tell how the shot will affect different people both long and short term, only time will tell.
    True, but do you know long term effects after having the virus? we're already seeing lasting effects in thousands of people post covid infection.

I'm not saying your caution is unwarranted, I wondered the same thing. For me personally, I decided I would rather risk the unseen effects of the vaccine over the known and numerous lasting effects of actually having the virus, not to mention effects we may not see until years later.
    Full blood Nikonian

20. Member
    The one thing I haven't seen yet is anyone supporting anti vax with scripture.
    Full blood Nikonian

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast