Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Either Weller is worthwhile. I prefer the Antique because the Full is a little hot for sipping but the secondary market for Full is crazy. EHT is good. Not on the bandwagon of Blanton's, Eagle Rare, or Smoke Wagon so I'd pass. That Shenk's looks really interesting but I'd want a sip before dropping $90 on a bottle. None of the others are anything special

2. Member
    Weller antique
    EHT BP
    Smoke Wagon

3. Member
    1. Jim beam vanilla

4. Member
    I’d go Weller full proof followed by Weller antique

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    They are asking $20K for this one on several places. https://www.buffalotracedistillery.c...very-rare.html
    Thats not on the list.

Eagle rare.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

7. Member
    Blanton for sure
    Fish have fins, they swim

8. Member
    I would get the EHT BP or the Weller FP. If you decide you don't want either, both are worth significant trade value.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
    Drive to KY you can get all that off the shelf
    Where? I go down and hit up liquor stores and distilleries at least once a month. NEVER seen EHT BP or Weller FP on a shelf. Only seen ETL on a shelf in Bardstown for double secondary prices once.

10. Member
    Blanton's or Eagle Rare.

11. Member
    Another vote for Blanton's or Eagle Rare
    2020 Ranger Reata 1850MS Merc Pro XS 150

12. Member
    Either Weller. I would also trade some blantons for them.

13. Member
    I got a bottle of the Old Ezra and did not care for it, not at that price point. Wellers!

Strictly personal preference, but my choices would be the Blantons, the Eagle Rare and the Larceny BP.

15. Member
    EH Taylor
    Elmer T Lee
    Blantons

However, do yourself a favor and grab the Smoke Wagon. Its one of my favorite pours right now. Outstanding!!!!

16. Member
    Jack Daniels 10 Year - Don't know anything about it. I don't drink Tennessee Whiskey.

Larceny Barrel Proof - This is one of Heaven Hill's wheated bourbons (Old Fitzgerald being the other). It's going to drink smoother than the rye bourbons, but with the bump in proof it's going to be a bit hotter than the regular Larceny. I have the regular Larceny but don't know that I would pick it #1 from this list.

Weller Full Proof - Buffalo Trace product. If you're going to drink a Weller (again a wheated bourbon) then this would be my choice. The entire Weller line is IMO overblown. It's good, but not at the price some retailers are selling it for. And regardless of what anyone says, it's not a "Poor Man's Pappy". The Van Winkles (even more overblown than the Weller) hand pick their barrels and they determine how long they'll age and when they'll be released. Mash bill is the only thing they have in common.

Old Ezra Brooks 7 Year - This is from Luxrow. They've been putting out some good stuff lately. I have a bottle and it's very good. It wouldn't be first on my list but it would be near the top.

Shenk's Sour Mash Whiskey - Never had it. Can't give you any opinion on it.

Buffalo Trace - It's BT's basic product. BT just limiting the amount they release. The fact that it's on a list like this is laughable. It's a good solid every day drinker. That's all it is.

Knob Creek 12 Year - Probably be #2 on my list to pick up. First, it's Knob Creek. Secondly, it's aged 12 years. It will be 100 proof which is a sweet spot for bourbons, enough proof to amp up the flavor but not so much that it drinks hot. KC is one of my favorite bourbons and would be #1 on this list if it weren't for . . .

EH Taylor Barrel Proof - This is #1 on my list, by a wide margin. CEHT is a BT product and one of their best. If someone told me I could have an unlimited supply but could only drink one bourbon for the rest of my life it would be CEHT Small Batch. This is a barrel proof version, so, even better.

Smoke Wagon Small Batch - Never had it. Probably a sourced product (MGP from Indiana most likely).

Weller Antique 107 - A good wheated bourbon at a good proof point (107) but like all the Weller's, it's overhyped.

Blanton's Single Barrel - BT Mash Bill #2. Blanton's is good but not at the top of the list for me. My favorite Mash Bill #2 is Rock Hill Farms which weighs in at 100 proof, as compared to Blanton's 93 proof. Then you have . . .

Elmer T. Lee - Which is also Mash Bill #2, but weighs in at 90 proof. It's going to drink very similar to the Blanton's.

Eagle Rare 10 Year 1.75L - And another BT product. I always keep two or three bottles around. It's my wife's favorite pour. Love it that it's a 10 year age stated bourbon but wish they would bottle it at the old proof point (101). It's a higher rye bourbon so it will have some spiciness.

My ranking would be:
    #1 - CEHTaylor Barrel Proof
    #2 - Knob Creek 12 year
    #3 - Blanton's
    #4 - Elmer T. Lee
    #5 - Eagle Rare
    #6 - Old Ezra 7 year
    #7 - Weller Full Proof
    #8 - Old Weller Antique 107
    #9 - Larceny Barrel Proof
    #10 - Buffalo Trace

I don't have any experience with the others on the list so I'm not going to rank them.
    Last edited by KYRANGERMAN; 09-23-2021 at 08:58 AM.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

Eagle Rare
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

If it was me I would pick EHT BP, Weller full proof or Elmer T. Lee. I already have Eagle Rare and Blantons.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Tar View Post

However, do yourself a favor and grab the Smoke Wagon. Its one of my favorite pours right now. Outstanding!!!!
    Smoke isn't sold here but my buddy traded for a bottle. We sampled it and neither of us could see what the hype is about. Another limited availability bottle he had was Noah's Mills. Now that one was pretty good and reminded me a little of Angel's Envy only better.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Smoke isn't sold here but my buddy traded for a bottle. We sampled it and neither of us could see what the hype is about. Another limited availability bottle he had was Noah's Mills. Now that one was pretty good and reminded me a little of Angel's Envy only better.
    I'm the exact opposite, I'm not a fan, at all, of the Noah's Mills. Personally, Smoke Wagon is the best non-Kentucky bourbon I've ever had and I like it better than many other Kentucky brands. Angels Envy is also a decent pour but a little too sweet for my taste.

Smoke Wagon is a sourced whiskey from MGP but it is blended and aged in Las Vegas. The guys at Smoke Wagon have shown that skilled blending can produce an outstanding product.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast