Fishing out of a Stroker

I see a few Stroker boats around locally and occasionally one for sale. I've only know two guys personally who owned Strokers and neither were fishermen, they just liked to run around. In reading the history of Stroker boats one would believe they are a good fishing platform, not just a rocket ship but I can't confirm that. Lord willing I'll be moving in to a larger boat in the near future. I'm hoping to buy a Tennessee made boat (with the exception of a leaky 17' tracker I had as a teenager all of my boats have been Tennessee made). While it would be easy to get another Phoenix, I'm really looking at Bullet and Stroker as possibilities. Both seem to be very well made and have cult like followings (nothing wrong with that, just an observation). How do the Strokers fish? Are the front decks big enough for two 225 lb. men to fish comfortably? How about storage? Any info would be great.
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series

2. Member
    I have a stroker and if I sell I will have another, great fishing platform, nothing like it. David Has a new one with a 300r on it and been 101.7 with a full fishing load, kinda stout there man.
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    Storage is great two rod boxes, I keep 14 rods in mine enough stuff to fish for 20 years and 3 life vests etc etc, three can fish off of deck and have with extension
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

4. Member
    Thanks for the info Ron. They look like really nice boats.
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80

Front deck extension is a must. Everything else is just like any other boat, add or remove items that best suits your fishing style. I added livewell (water pump in and recir) switches to the bow

6. Member
    I have owned my Stroker for 21 years and I use to fish tournament. In the past few year I have not been tournament fishing but doing more fishing. Not sure how many hours on the water this year but have boated over 400 fish.

I added a Ghost trolling motor this year and a new Lowrance depth finder to the front of the boat. Best addition I have made.

I like the speed but bought the boat for its rough water ride. It is a very stable platform when moving around the boat.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

7. Member
    I fish a bunch of tournaments out of mine. Honestly, it has about as many ups and downs as any other boat.
    Good; number one is speed, VERY few can stay with it HP-HP. Stability at rest is great, you dont feel your partner move. Big back deck, you can stah away from your partner when fan casting. Driveability is outstanding, its almost impossible to wreck one. Livewell works great, no problem with keeping 25+ alive all day.
    Ok: storage is just ok, there's plenty of room for everything you could ever want but the rod lockers are terrible. Most other problems like the corners of the consoles and pop up front people fix on their own.
    Bad; rough water ride, it will beat you to death. It blow around in the wind fairly bad. If you fish heavily wooded impoundments it will hang up in the back on stumps bad because of the flatter hull in the back.
    This is just my opinion as honest as I can give it.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastglass1 View Post
    I like the speed but bought the boat for its rough water ride. It is a very stable platform when moving around the boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Bad; rough water ride, it will beat you to death.

Like the post on the best rough water boat. Every driver is different.

1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post

Like the post on the best rough water boat. Every driver is different.

Yeah they are! One reason I posted was to try to get some varying opinions about the boat. They look amazing and I think I'd like to get a closer look at one in the near future, they have gained my interest for sure.
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80

10. Member
    Actually rough water ride hasn’t been so bad for me, I have had several, I can put the stroker on top and ride. I would say that with about any boat. I have fished all over the country in some really large lakes and I love mine.
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823