Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Todd tell them we would like a roll back to pre perspective mode for those of us that want it. i tried it on my older LS and it didn't help. I just had a new one installed yesterday and would like to give it a rollback if possible.

2. Member
    What he said! Rollback software didn't work for me. I want to roll my stuff back the way it was before Perspective. I want a "new" update with no Perspective View option and have it look and work like it did for 18 months or so before Perspective. Images now are nowhere near as clear and uncluttered as they were back when LS first came out, not to even mention the dead spots since Perspective.

3. Member
    +100 ^^^^^^^ on that
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    What he said! Rollback software didn't work for me. I want to roll my stuff back the way it was before Perspective. I want a "new" update with no Perspective View option and have it look and work like it did for 18 months or so before Perspective. Images now are nowhere near as clear and uncluttered as they were back when LS first came out, not to even mention the dead spots since Perspective.
    Amen Brother!

5. Member
    Still loving perspective mode.....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    +100 ^^^^^^^ on that
    You mean it's the +100th times Royt mentioned this right?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daiwshi View Post
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

8. Member
    Thank you so much for following my post so closely. You have no idea what your opinion really means to me. Why shucks someone with your vast experience and your many valuable contributions to this forum with all of your 28 posts I'm humbled that you follow what I post so closely. You made my day

PMantle, yes this made me laugh as well, just like some of your post with you never having ANY issues with Garmin. Keep on smiling!

9. Member
    Good that it made you laugh as well! I know you went out of your way to document this issue with screenshots, videos, exchanging units / blackboxes and made Garmin (more) aware of the issue so many thanks for that!

I guess I wouldn't mind a little less repetition.

10. Banned
    Good that it made you laugh as well! I know you went out of your way to document this issue with screenshots, videos, exchanging units / blackboxes and made Garmin (more) aware of the issue so many thanks for that!

I guess I wouldn't mind a little less repetition.
    We would all like a unit that works like it did before perspective mode also. I knew we were hosed when a garmin engineer told me "they just didn't see anything that wrong with it" as he was watching a video I had sent him comparing the before and after.

I know enough about software to know they could fix this with a complete memory wipe and a software version before perspective. I told them point blank I would give it a try and take a chance on ruining my LS system if they wanted.

11. Member
    PMantle, yes this made me laugh as well, just like some of your post with you never having ANY issues with Garmin. Keep on smiling!
    It's a beautiful thing! Best product in any area of my life I've ever owned. The two guys I fish with the most have units with no tree or dead spots either.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

12. Member
    Well that makes 3 then, lol.
    I think it really depends on your body of water to some degree. The lake I fish is pretty old with lots of hard bottom. Areas with soft bottom definitely have less of an issue.
    I'm 100% in agreement with Pfisher.
    Glad for those that don't have issues but MANY/MOST do after the Perspective View software.

13. Member
    Well that makes 3 then, lol.
    I think it really depends on your body of water to some degree. The lake I fish is pretty old with lots of hard bottom. Areas with soft bottom definitely have less of an issue.
    I'm 100% in agreement with Pfisher.
    Glad for those that don't have issues but MANY/MOST do after the Perspective View software.
    Im running 2.0. The water i fish has both hard bottom and soft bottom. So i will second this. Some areas i do see a light "ghost" tree. And yes the harder bottom is where i see it.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

14. Member
    The logs for Force TM seem interesting: the version numbers don’t look right.

Trolling Motor v3.10

Remote v2.50

Foot Pedal v2.60

Improved navigation data syncing

Made changes to support factory production

Remote: Added a foot pedal version to the about page

Remote: Improved the readability of the about page

Trolling Motor v3.10

Remote v2.50

Foot Pedal v2.60

Changed the system voltage detection to better support lithium batteries

Fixed an issue where propeller turns off when exiting and entering the water

Improved communication with remote and pedal

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...1uA8ybAPh25Es6

Thanks for pointing out this error on the Force change log. The latest changes are correct, but the versions are 4.00, 2.60, and 2.60.
    Garmin Pro Team

16. Member
    Todd, thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    New updates have just been posted to the Garmin website:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/support/software/marine/

However, for those of you that prefer to run older GLS10 software (version 2.20 or earlier), note that these latest updates only support GLS 10 version 2.30 and later. If you are running GLS10 version 2.20 or earlier and wish to continue doing so, you should not update the chartplotter to this Q4/2021 software. A change is planned to restore GLS 10 2.20 compatibility with the latest chartplotter release in a future update.

Software versions that are not compatible with GLS10 v2.20 and earlier:

GPSMap products, software version 25.30

echoMAP UHD version 18

echoMAP Ultra version 18.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12