Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AD Vaccine Mandate

Just a question for those either still on AD or working on a military installation. Are you seeing any evidence of UCMJ action being taken for those that are failing to receive their vaccine? I work on Fort Bragg, so far we're just hearing anecdotal stories of threats of non-punitive action. No one being kicked out...yet.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

2. Member
    Friend of mine works on Crane Naval Weapons Depot here in southwest Indiana for a contracting firm and he already had Covid 19 and has to get the vaccine or loose his job. I just read this on Foxnews.com and it really pisses me off the way the Biden Amin. is treating our military on the vaccine issues. I’m a Vietnam vet and no way could take the crap they are putting our military thru right now. Keep the faith!
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...accine-refusal

3. Member
    Blanchfield has a significant uptick on hospitalizations.

https://www.facebook.com/BACH.Fort.Campbell

I haven't seen anyone put out for not getting the vaccine up till my last day, which was Friday. A neighbor of mine is a commander on Post. He told me that every soldier refusing has to meet with him personally to explain why not. No one can leave the local area on leave that's not vaccinated.

We were briefed that 70% of the base was vaccinated and mask have been mandatory on Post for a while, yet hospitalizations are on the uptick. Could those be because of all the countries these young folks get deployed too?

Thanks John, it was actually your thread in the Lounge that prompted me to make this one. I finally got mine (vax) a few weeks ago because the writing was on the wall regarding the civilian work force. But I'd hate to see a SM get put out with many years of service and get nothing. So I'm putting this out there in hopes that if it comes to fruition someone might reach out for support. My spidey-senses are telling me it's going to get uglier.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    Ive seen where a Marine was discharged for the mask mandate and she also refused the vaccine but that didn't appear to be part of the action against her..(Disobeying a lawful order)...
    I made contact with a CSM yesterday and he said its pretty much a giant CF right now between this and the new Physical fitness standards that were put out a year or so ago they are trying to work through...(2019 AR 600-9)
    I'm sure the Commands are waiting on the written directives to catch up with the hype..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

That's what I'm hearing around post here. A lot of noise...not a lot of action. I read through the USN's memo this past weekend, and thought I saw where it said some actions were going to be taken out of the local commander's hands. I'll have to find it again.
    2016 Nitro Z21

First off, i got the moderna shots in February -March earlier this year. I am a full time reservist and train/work with active duty everyday.
    Us reservists have been mandated to be fully vaccinated by 1 December.
    AD has been mandated to be fully vaccinated by 1 November.
    I will try and explain what is or will happen if individuals dont want or get the shot. As a combat coded aircraft unit. We reservists and AD (personnel) need to be classified as "world wide mobility capable". If personnel decide not to get the shot or shots they will be put on a medical bad boy list. This list disqualifies you from mobilizing, and looks bad for a units readiness. This list is what commanders can use to start discharge procedures.

Now there are two ways personnel can refuse the shot. 1- religious beliefs. This direction to refuse the shot will be pushed up to the command level (not base level) for a waiver. 2- medical waiver- your (civillian) or military DR says that the shot will cause more harm than good. Not really getting into both exemptions but you get the idea.
    If any board, medical or JAG denies the waiver then a discharge will most likely be processed. What kind of discharge? It is still up in the air. General or medical discharge are what we are being told. I heard that there are rebuttals at the high level JAG office's.
    There is another option which i just found out on friday...
    You can just quit. Yup, just tell them you are not gonna get the shot and you want out. This is also evolving. Was told we have 2 people quitting. One AD and one air reserve tech which is what i am. I have a feeling we are going loose a bunch of people. It seems like the military is using this as a force reduction tool as we are not at war anymore.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    Why is them being forced to take this vaccine any different than the other vaccines they are forced to take? Once you sign that contract you are the Gov'ts property until your contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Why is them being forced to take this vaccine any different than the other vaccines they are forced to take? Once you sign that contract you are the Gov'ts property until your contract expires.
    Welp, this vax is sooo dayum politicized and has the country in a divided state...even military members. We went through this also (in the military) when we were to get the anthrax shot also. But nowheres near to this extent. 10 anthrax boosters later, i am not pushing up daisy's. Like i said earlier the government is probably using this vax as a tool for a RIF.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

10. Member
    In the Hampton Roads area, they are cutting 500 GS jobs and not filling positions for any civilian members who retire either starting next year. As for things with COVID, they are stating how us GS civilians are supposed to get it, but yet there hasn't been any guidance by OPM. Plus for us civilians, we also have to sign an memo stating whether or not we are or not getting the COVID shot. This whole thing is pure BS IMO and is only going to get worse because they will continue to abuse these pandemic powers that have nothing to do with the pandemic.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Friend of mine works on Crane Naval Weapons Depot here in southwest Indiana for a contracting firm and he already had Covid 19 and has to get the vaccine or loose his job. I just read this on Foxnews.com and it really pisses me off the way the Biden Amin. is treating our military on the vaccine issues. I’m a Vietnam vet and no way could take the crap they are putting our military thru right now. Keep the faith!
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...accine-refusal
    While I am against any government mandate the Anthrax fiasco was just as bad or worse in my opinion. I had some great friends that got a dishonorable discharge on that BS. I got lucky and waited as long as I could and fortunately it ended within a few days of being told get or else.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    In the Hampton Roads area, they are cutting 500 GS jobs and not filling positions for any civilian members who retire either starting next year. As for things with COVID, they are stating how us GS civilians are supposed to get it, but yet there hasn't been any guidance by OPM. Plus for us civilians, we also have to sign an memo stating whether or not we are or not getting the COVID shot. This whole thing is pure BS IMO and is only going to get worse because they will continue to abuse these pandemic powers that have nothing to do with the pandemic.
    We are seeing personnel cuts as well, or positions not being backfilled. So far it seems more budget based than vaccine based though.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    We are seeing personnel cuts as well, or positions not being backfilled. So far it seems more budget based than vaccine based though.
    Same here. They basically closed the door on OT and comp time. We can only stay for credit time if we really NEED to get a jet up.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Member
    I have 3 AD kids and an AD DIL and they all took it. Didn't want to though.

My oldest is AD. He took it, AFTER already having COVID. He was pretty nonchalant about it. Didn't matter to him one way or the other. I'm civil service now and finally took it when USSOCOM made it mandatory (If I was closer to retiring it would have been a difficult decision).
    2016 Nitro Z21

16. Member
    The AD here are required to have it by some time in November. I'm civil service and would have been required as well but already had the pfizer and the booster. I know of one active duty that is breastfeeding and is requesting a waiver. Not sure if she is getting that or not.

Thanks Ship.
    2016 Nitro Z21

I have mixed emotions on this issue. I have had Covid and had the vaccination and had a very close friend die from Covid. Not sure i like the "forced" vaccination or face disciplinary action. Yes, we all signed on the dotted line and rarely questioned anything but this pandemic has changed our way of life as we once knew it. When I was in the desert for Shield/Storm they lined us up in a hangar and we were told not to bring our shot records. We had no idea what they were shooting us with and we weren't told.....we just lined up, took our shots and pressed on, but that was a totally different scenario.
    09 20x3 w/Merc 250 Pro XS

19. Member
    For 30 yrs I never had a choice.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f16 1ub View Post
    For 30 yrs I never had a choice.
    Exactly!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast