Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2022 AVX 2080 Hull??

I was told today that Vexus tweaked the hull of the 2022 2080 hull to try and get more lift to improve speed. Is this true? Sorry if this has been discussed already.

Thats interesting. I have a 2019 AVX 2080 and i know i need more lift.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

3. Moderator
    Watch the new video. I think there's a sneak peek in it. Aluminum hull definitely something new.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

This video? YouTube says it’s only 5 hours old. Only “sneak peak” I think I saw was an AVX getting loaded in to a paint booth.

I wish they would go to .125 Aluminum at least in the hull.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    I wish they would go to .125 Aluminum at least in the hull.
    Straight from Keith Daffron "the new 2022 hull's are all .125" thick. Not just the transom like the previous years." I only know this because I am dealing with my second cracked hull and he assured me 1 cracking is rare but 2 for a customer that has not hit anything or any signs of abuse is very unfortunate. However I am happy to hear about all the changes and improvements on the 2022, however it seems .125" is the standard thickness in most other aluminum boats. I think getting the new 2022 model is going to be a good moment for me and hopefully I will feel more confidence in that boat. I also want to thank Keith for the chat and just put the work out there that he is a stand up guy and I do believe after talking to him that they are trying to build world class boats.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    Straight from Keith Daffron "the new 2022 hull's are all .125" thick. Not just the transom like the previous years." I only know this because I am dealing with my second cracked hull and he assured me 1 cracking is rare but 2 for a customer that has not hit anything or any signs of abuse is very unfortunate. However I am happy to hear about all the changes and improvements on the 2022, however it seems .125" is the standard thickness in most other aluminum boats. I think getting the new 2022 model is going to be a good moment for me and hopefully I will feel more confidence in that boat. I also want to thank Keith for the chat and just put the work out there that he is a stand up guy and I do believe after talking to him that they are trying to build world class boats.
    .100 is the industry standard for most boats....Ranger RT's, Triton when they were made, Vexus until this post you made, tracker, most crestliners, some lunds, etc that I have researched. I am seriously leaning on selling my old Triton and buy a new aluminum boat for many reasons....so .125 is a huge difference vs .100 to me. If this is true.....this puts Vexus back on my list of boats.

8. Member
    All the 2022 model hulls or just the 2080?

sclark.....is this true?

All models will get .125?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmess View Post
    All the 2022 model hulls or just the 2080?
    Mine is a 1980 and I was told that the 2022 is .125" thick across the entire hull, I would assume the 2080 model would be the same. Not sure about the smaller models.

Seems like everyone is "being told" that the hull is .125 thick but I have yet to find this published anywhere.

Anyone have a link to this? I can't find anything about all aluminum boats hull thickness on the Vexus site.

I would think if this were the case it would be out there in big bold print because this is one major issue with people looking to purchase a new aluminum boat. They want the thicker aluminum in the hull, not just the transom.

12. Member
    i have a text out asking about it right now.

Hulls rated for 150HP or higher have .125" for 2022.

14. Member
    All Aluminum models except, the AVX181, 189, and 188C have the .125 hull thickness. The listed 3 models have the .100 thick hills.

Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    All Aluminum models except, the AVX181, 189, and 188C have the .125 hull thickness. The listed 3 models have the .100 thick hills.
    where is that listed? I have looked hard for it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwash_1512 View Post
    Hulls rated for 150HP or higher have .125" for 2022.
    Makes me wonder if they will downgrade the 1880 to 115 max since there aren't new 135 motors anymore.

You have a link, brochure, video, note on a napkin from Keith?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    where is that listed? I have looked hard for it.
    I got it right from the rep. All transoms across all models are .125 still.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Makes me wonder if they will downgrade the 1880 to 115 max since there aren't new 135 motors anymore.
    Does a text from a rep count with. Follow up phone call from him also to fully explain it to me also. These guys are awesome. I couldn’t even get an email from g3 and a few other boat companies back. Once in awhile I would get a quote from a website if I was lucky.

20. Member
    I got it right from the rep. All transoms across all models are .125 still.
    I think they are wanting the confirmation of the hull underneath being .125" thick, not just in the transom. The transom being .125" and reinforced was advertised way early with Vexus stating that they build it strong enough to diminish the stresses of power poles and or talons. however the .125" thick across the entire bottom of the boat is something that was news to my ears when I was listening to Keith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast