Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Just Priced a Lund Pro V bass. Wow! Yikes

Hey All,

Looking at buying an 1875 Lund Pro v bass XS. Contacted a dealer and got a quote of $73,000. Now this boat is loaded with 200 Pro XS, 112 Ultrex, 3 graphs, twin poles, jackplate, hotfoot, but geeeeez, it seems pretty high for a tin boat. I saw a comparable 20’ Skeeter loaded very similar for the same price with a 250 Yamaha and everything else equal.
    just want to make sure this boat is worth this price. I love the layout and storage in this rig, but……..

2. Member
    Why should a Pro V Bass cost less than a fiberglass boat. It’s a higher quality build than most fiberglass boats out there and Lund resale values are traditionally very high as a result. You get what you pay for and Lund is top of the line.
    Last edited by Hydro870; 09-21-2021 at 10:03 PM.

3. Member
    Thanks Hydro. That is what I want to hear. I have just looked at the fit and finish on some of the glass boats and they have been awesome. Better than the pro v. Just making sure the boat is worth the asking price which seems to have gone up a lot.

4. Member
    The best tin boat made IMHO. They hold their value better than most boats out there.

5. Member
    Make sure you take a look at the Strike Series build from Gator Trax....they're every bit the equal of the Lund (which are very, very nice) IMOP

I also saw an Xpress X21, up close, for the first time last week....impressive. However the build specs aren't as good as the Strike Series Gator Trax.....

The GT might be a bit more expensive than the Lund.....

They're ALL unbelievably expensive to me.....can't seem to wrap my head around 80k to 100k for a bass boat....just seems like yesterday we were all in amazement that a high end boat was $40k and I thought people were nuts to pay it.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 09-22-2021 at 10:53 AM.

6. Member
    I am glad to hear you guys like the Lund a lot. Makes me more confident in my decision. I agree with you slicefixer (I assume you are a golf guy, I am also a golf coach), it seems like prices have gotten out of control very quickly. Hard to swallow an investment that big and use it for 6 months here.

7. Member
    My GatorTrax 20 with a 250 was very competitive with that number you got quoted for the lund. Honestly its one of the reasons I chose the GT over the Lund, a bigger boat with a bigger motor with the same stuff for around the same price.

8. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMN View Post
    Hey All,

Looking at buying an 1875 Lund Pro v bass XS. Contacted a dealer and got a quote of $73,000. Now this boat is loaded with 200 Pro XS, 112 Ultrex, 3 graphs, twin poles, jackplate, hotfoot, but geeeeez, it seems pretty high for a tin boat. I saw a comparable 20’ Skeeter loaded very similar for the same price with a 250 Yamaha and everything else equal.
    just want to make sure this boat is worth this price. I love the layout and storage in this rig, but……..
    Contact Waconda boats and price that Lund out. You'll be surprised at the difference a volume dealer will make. It'll make it worth the road trip to pick it up.

9. Member
    That seems high for an 1875. But there is a lot of electronics on that boat as well. The boats have went up for sure. But the electronics to me is what has got crazy and usually adds 15-20k on top of the boat now. Which is more than I paid for my first boat lol

10. Goby King
    Twin poles, 3 graphs, an Ultrex and a jack plate probably adds up to what my Lund cost new in 2005!

11. Member
    It's crazy because we tend to be crazy....😉

12. Member
    That Gator Trax looks pretty solid. The only thing is, the reason for buying the Lund is I love the layout of the XS version. I can take more than 2 people. I like having a usable cockpit, but also a ton of storage.
    i have seen Waconda boats videos. Seems like a great dealership. I may give them a call and see what they can do. I did try another dealer and it was the same quote, just a little more.
    Thanks for the comments. It keeps pushing me closer to pulling the trigger soon.

13. Member
    Does anyone have some features that I should add? I thought about the padded front deck.

14. Member
    You are a victim of the current market conditions. Demand is high, inventory is limited, so prices for available boats increase significantly. I bought a new leftover 2019 Pro V Bass 2075 in December of 2020 without the jack plate and Power Poles for much less than the numbers you were quoted. Even if I were to add them both now along with a third graph I would still not be anywhere near $73,000. However, I’m pretty sure that if I were buying today I would have paid significantly more. Once inventory levels stabilize, I would suspect that prices will come down, but I’ve been around long enough to know that they won’t return to what they were before the pandemic. In regards to the boat, it’s the best I’ve purchased, and I’ve owned Rangers, Skeeters, and a Stratos. If you like the boat and it’s equipped the way you want it, then buy it. The performance, storage, and fishability won’t disappoint you. If you find the price you were quoted is prohibitive, you can always look around for a better deal. While I think you might do better by doing so, there are no guarantees with such scarce availability. Life is short, sir. If it is something you can afford financially and the dealer is reputable, I say go for it. Lord knows how much more it will cost you next year.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMN View Post
    Thanks Hydro. That is what I want to hear. I have just looked at the fit and finish on some of the glass boats and they have been awesome. Better than the pro v. Just making sure the boat is worth the asking price which seems to have gone up a lot.
    I think the Lund has better fit and finish than most fiberglass boats I have looked at, but nobody builds a boat better than Bass Cat. However, Lund build quality is very close to Bass Cat. For example Phoenix storage lids are not insulated; Lund and Bass Cat insulate their lids. Phoenix carpet is cheap and shows wear quick, read the Phoenix forums. Lund uses high quality thick carpet just like Bass Cat. Phoenix has cheap plastic console cowlings, 2021 Lunds use all fiberglass consoles with gauge inlays just like Bass Cat. Skeeter uses an aluminum deck, just like Lund, except the Lund deck is WAY stronger and the Lund’s front storage is bone dry. Read the Skeeter forums, lots of posts about how wet the new FXR storage is. Part of the problem Skeeter is having is sealing the aluminum deck to the fiberglass hull, the other problem is the raised edging around the compartments is connected with glue! Lund welds their raised compartment edging for a watertight bond. Nope, can’t tell me fiberglass boats have better fit and finish.

I'm sure the price is higher then it was a year ago, but the $12k in options probably doesn't help either

17. Member
    Wow, thanks Everyone! Lots of honest positive stuff about the Lund. I think I will pull the trigger. I may make one more phone call to see if it is cheaper elsewhere, but I am afraid it is a product of the supply demand COVID crap. I really do appreciate all the info.

18. Member
    Last yr this time I was quoted 47K for boat, 200 ProXS, and custom tandem tandem axle trailer (SST prop, dual console, cover and raised logos). Anything after that is up to you.... That was from a large volume dealer. Not sure how much more the base pricing went up, but they dont package these boats like they do most of the Skeeter, Basscats etc... Not much stock, not even the logos are included haha.

73K you must have that thing loaded to the teeth haha. An unfortunately when your talking 3 graphs (not sure what they are), two poles, batteries, charger, ultrex, plate and padded deck..... Well yeah that adds up real fast.

19. Member
    Curiosity got the better of me and I went to Lund's website to price out a 2021 Pro V Bass with the same specs as my 2019 model. MSRP of a 2021 identical to my 2019 came to $77,301, which is $21,000 more than what I paid for mine. Even the "Estimated Price" listed on the website was $11,00 more than what I ended up paying in December of 2020. I guess that should tell you what has happened to boat prices over the past year.

20. Member
    Base price for the 1875 pro v xs, 200 pro xs, hot foot, digital throttle, and custom single axle trailer is $52,000. Add in the Ultrex 112, Helix 10 si, Helix 10 DI, Helix 12, twin Raptors, hydraulic jack plate, batteries and battery charger, and tax ($5200),and voila $72,000.
    a tough pill to swallow knowing that everyone jacked up prices, but who knows what it will be in the future. Will they come down or follow this ridiculous inflation we are seeing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast